Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:20:27 PM EDT
I want to have an AR15 built . It's going to be an expensive project  over $2,000. I'm fussy about my AR's and will notice scratches and tool marks, and so desire to deal face to face with an experienced smith who's an articulate individual.

Can anybody refer me to such a smith in the Houston or surrounding areas? Again, I prefer a face to face arrangement.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Pro Defence in Clear Lake.  They mainly deal with law enforcment but the public is free to shop as well.  They are very good gunsmiths and have fair pricing.  On alot of items, if you buy it from them, they install it free or reduced charge.  Check em out, hope that helps a little.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I forgot to tell you,  I dont know what part of Houston your in, Im in Deer park and this area has a lot of gunsmiths that if your not law enforcement or look "official" in some way, then they are D***heads  with you and act like you are wasting their time.  I dont know, Bro.  Just shop around i guess
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Who is the guy behind pro defence? Maybe I'd recognize the smiths name, or the owners name.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
you will be dissappointed if scratches is what you judge by and they also dont effect accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]
North of Houston I might be able to assist ...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
In the area and frankly in Texas in general, I'd send my AR to Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports.  He's in Corpus Christi, TX.  Unfortunately his website is down right now.  So check back in a day or so.  

Benny is an IPSC Grand Master pistol shooter, a champion 3-Gun shooter and gunsmith to many of the top shooters in the sport.  He can anything that you want.  From tactical to competition he'll get you taken care of.  And frankly for the quality of work that Benny does, it's incredible he makes any money, 'cause his work is VERY affordable.  

There isn't anything that he hasn't thought about or done when it comes to a firearm.  So drop him a line.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK

P.S.  Just before posting this the website is back up.  Go figure....probably a problem with my computer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top