Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2006 8:36:49 PM EDT
Hello All and as always, thanks for looking.

I just got my SEBR and did the basic field stripping/cleaning session for new firearms and I notice that the upper to lower fit has a considerable amount of play/wiggle in it.  This is my second AR, I have a RRA that is so tight it is actually difficult to break down.  

I am relatively new to ARs, so is this fit "issue" variable from one rifle to another within a brand or is it more of a brand A vs. brand B discrepancy?

Also, how much wiggle is too much?  Is the remedy the Accu-Wedge?  

Thanks,

Cavu
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
accu wedge is your friend
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Leave it, its fine.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
accu wedge is your friend

+1, it will remove the play costs a buck or two.  Fit it into the upper and lower reciever.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  Looks like it is running 2 to 1 in favor of the wedge.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
wedge suck, unless its a Mopar your talking about

JP Rear Tension Pin, works great (like your factory RRA) little spendy and a somewhat pain to field strip.

Try this its cheap, it work Ok for me, but Im getting the JP pin. AR wiggle fix
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd much rather have a little play than to have it be difficult to take down.  Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Cavu,

If you're concerned about a loss in accuracy of the rifle, there is none.  The fit of the upper and lower having nothing to do with the performance of the rifle.  Remember...the sights are mounted to the upper and that's why.

That being said, I have Accu-Wedge's in all my rifles and it's for no other reason than preference.  Even the rifles that don't need it, has it.  And, it's just psychological more than anything else.  Makes me feel happy when everything's where it "should" be.  So, buy the Wedge, get the JP pins, if you want (they're not that much of a pain) and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top