BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/7/2006 6:10:10 PM EDT
It looks like Bushmaster is making some new M4 stocks!

I don't know if they are milspec now or not, but I saw one on one of their rifles today at a gunshow.  Instead of the smaller snake logo on the side of the stock, its actually a slightly larger logo, and it looks like the stock is a little more heavy duty now, kinda like they beefed them up a tad.  The finish also seems more matte, instead of the kind of gloss that they had before.  

I think they wisened up finally.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone seen the new ones yet?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
CavArms and CMMG ones are like that.

I like the texture much better and it feels stronger
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
No pictures?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]
No cameras allowed at the gun show.  

And he wouldn't sell me just the stock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#5]
pictures?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#6]
No picture here either but I picked one up @ a show a few weeks ago.  I wouldn't say it appears any more sturdy than the old ones, which I'm assuming are made by the same vendor as RRA. () I'm still not certain if I appreciate the rougher texture better than the slicker older version.  It does seem the locking lever is slightly rounded where it is checkered for your finger to purchase when adjusting.  Feels pretty good on my index finger when I adjust the LOP.  It's more of a dull gray than a shiny black finish.  I imagine w/ use it'll take on a bit of shine here and there.

For sure, the larger logo is OK by me.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No picture here either but I picked one up @ a show a few weeks ago.  I wouldn't say it appears any more sturdy than the old ones, which I'm assuming are made by the same vendor as RRA. () I'm still not certain if I appreciate the rougher texture better than the slicker older version.  It does seem the locking lever is slightly rounded where it is checkered for your finger to purchase when adjusting.  Feels pretty good on my index finger when I adjust the LOP.  It's more of a dull gray than a shiny black finish.  I imagine w/ use it'll take on a bit of shine here and there.

For sure, the larger logo is OK by me.

Sly

Finally, someone else that's seen them!  How 'bout you take a pic and post?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
If it looks like this...

It's the same one everyone is using (RRA, Stag, Cav Arms, etc.).
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
ONE MOLD TO RULE THEM ALL
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If it looks like this...

www.bravocompanyusa.com/images/Img251.gif

Not that I'm "in the know" about them, but from what I can tell- it's the same thing but either the vendor changed the material &/or replaced their mold or there's a new &/or different vendor turning these out for BFI...

I've got the new stock in question, 3 of the "older" BFIs which came form the factory on rifles & 1 RRA on hand for comparison.  The 3 "older" BFIs & the RRA are a dead on match judging by the various mold & finishing marks.  The new one is certainly not from the same mold, and perhaps not the same vendor...  But I must admit, this is all speculation on my part.

By JustinOK34: Finally, someone else that's seen them! How 'bout you take a pic and post?

No digi-camera here.  Still draggin my knuckles & living in the 80s.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:55:58 AM EDT
[#11]
TAG to add pics tonight, unless someone beats me to it...

Gary beat me by several hours....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If it looks like this...

Except that Bushmaster, RRA, and CavArms use a commercial tube not a mil-spec one. Colt and Stag are mil-spec.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it looks like this...

Except that Bushmaster, RRA, and CavArms use a commercial tube not a mil-spec one. Colt and Stag are mil-spec.

What about the Tapco or blank ones with a circle? They look similar too.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it looks like this...

What about the Tapco or blank ones with a circle? They look similar too.

M4-AK

The bodies all look similar. I have heard rumors on this board that the Tapco and unmarked ones are copies of the CavArms. If so they ar not 'spec' either.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#15]
    It is true Bushmaster did do something different.  I have been in possession of said stock for about 6 months.  The stocks finish is quite a bit different.  It is a rougher to the touch and is matte.  It feels beefier than the old stock.  It also has the different logo.  
    I have both stocks for comparison.  I do not know if it is milspec or not.  It does kind of feel like it though.  After seeing countless older stocks and recieving this one I at first thought it was a factory screw up.  After a second look I just figured Bushy changed over to a different set up.  
    I really did not give it that much thought until now.  Since then the stock has become my favorite, it is definately more militaristic.    "Maybe I was the first to get the new stock"-probably not!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have 2 Bushmasters one with the newer stock and one with the older and I like the new stock better.

Can you please post comparative photos?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have 2 Bushmasters one with the newer stock and one with the older and I like the new stock better.

Can you please post comparative photos?

+1      
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Both stocks are on brand new never fired guns....

Old Stocks...
www.cavalryarms.com/BM-1A.jpg
www.cavalryarms.com/BM-1B.jpg

New Stocks...
www.cavalryarms.com/BM-2A.jpg

Photo courtesy of Bravo Company.

That new one looks exactly like the new Stag stock (new Stag stock on the right).

I wonder if the buffer tube is still commercial dimensions on the Bushmaster?

Thanks for the pics.

WIZZO

EDIT: I found the pics for proof.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Garry!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it looks like this...

For a Mil-Spec lower extention tube: Colt,  LMT and Vltor. I have not seen one from Stag, although that is most likely made for Colt.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for posting pics!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
New Stocks...
www.cavalryarms.com/BM-2B.jpg

For those curious, that's the one on the 2005 SEBR.  Thanks for posting Garryowen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#30]
These new stocks look like the multitudes of taiwanese-boxed ones at the funshow....anyone know for sure????
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Newer one looks a bit more substantial, all right.

Makes it easier to tell the difference between these and the real ones.
[cough/bshit] j/k [/cough/bshit]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
STAG uses a mil-spec tube

+1

I did notice that my Stag stock was a tad loose for my tastes, so I used a hairdryer and a vice to make it fit tighter.  Other than that, it is a great stock and I'd buy another one for sure.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That new one looks exactly like the new Stag stock (new Stag stock on the right).

They don't look the same to me.  Maybe it's just the light/angle, but some of the details look a little different.  I dunno...hard to tell.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/stagstocks.jpg

They don't look the same to me.  Maybe it's just the light/angle, but some of the details look a little different.  I dunno...hard to tell.

The one on the right looks like the new Bushy stock. The left one is the old Stag stock, not a Bushy stock, with the new Stag on the right.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The one on the right looks like the new Bushy stock. The left one is the old Stag stock, not a Bushy stock, with the new Stag on the right.

WIZZO

Yes, I understand.  I am not  comparing the two stocks in that picture.  

Edit:  But you know, I think you are right.  They do look the same.  I think it is a reflection on the bottom edge of the Bushmaster stock that is throwing me off.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the Bushmaster and STAG stocks are made in the US

LOL.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Mabye bushmaster is trying to get rid of there .308 collapsable stocks

they probably have boxes of them and now with the Discontinued .308 there using 'em on new 5.56's

just thought id throw this out there...
Just a joke really...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I have the old one with little snake.  Anyone want it? I will take a VLTOR!

Steve
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Are they (bushmaster) still going to friggin' loctite the buffer tube to the reciever?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Are they (bushmaster) still going to friggin' loctite the buffer tube to the reciever?

haven't seen this
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok, well, I called up Bushmaster and asked them what's up.

The tubes are still the same ones (non mil-spec).  Oh well.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Wow... that's um.. quite a jump from the plain old stocks that everyone else makes/sells. They're real pioneers when it comes to making a new stock. Look out MagPul... you have some serious competition.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like it will either increase the Overall Length, or Length of Pull, or both

Anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I had an opportunity to fondle both at a Las Vegas gunshow before Christmas. Both guns. Bushmaster M4 16 inch and a Stag M4 16 inch. Yes, the stocks are both tight on the two guns. My own Bushmaster stock wiggles a bit and seem loose while the new ones seem bulked up on creatine and dont wobble at all. The grip of the buttstock teeth also seem more aggressive as they feel sharper than the old bushmaster stocks. So I think they did change it. Both felt tight but I love the finish and feel of  the Stag M4. Ohhh so very nice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow... that's um.. quite a jump from the plain old stocks that everyone else makes/sells. They're real pioneers when it comes to making a new stock. Look out MagPul... you have some serious competition.

They simply improved the M4 stock. They didn't set out to design something new.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#48]
My RRA Entry tactical bought last week, has the new one on the right or at least looks that way, I measured the length of pull from the trigger straight back fully extended, 14 1/16, and it does wiggle a bit, anyone care to measure the old ones?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but WTF is up with company's making NON-SPEC tubes???  What benefit do they derive from selling a product that won't interface with higher end stocks?  I can't for the life of me figure this out, much less why anyone would chose a non-spec stock (at least on ARs they build up themselves, since it limits your options later).

This is in no way meant as a flame to those who use out of spec stocks/receiver extensions.  I'm just genuinely curious.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#50]
They're cheaper to make than forged mil-spec tubes.

Thee mil-spec stocks are also threaded with a different process that makes the thread area stronger.

I bought my RRA stocks because they were cheap and seemed well built (and they are, many falls onto them and onto the ground has proven that, to me anyway).

WIZZO
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top