Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 8:42:34 AM EDT
I'm looking to do a Dissy as my next build. I want to do an M16A3 look with fixed stock & full length handguards but with a 16" barrel. Is Bushmaster the only manufacturer making them? I wanted a Gov't profile midlength with the dissipater gas block & front sight housing. The closest thing that I've found is the Bushmaster M4 dissipater but this has the carbine gas system. Am I asking too much?? All advice, replies & info is greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
try DPMS
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Any 16" barrel can be a Dissy barrel. All you need is a low profile gas block for the real gas port location, and an extra front sight base to add on at the end of the handguards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any 16" barrel can be a Dissy barrel. All you need is a low profile gas block for the real gas port location, and an extra front sight base to add on at the end of the handguards.

+1 all dissys have carbine length gas systems

if i read correctly you're saying you want a midlength dissy?  Meaning that you want mid-length handguards over carbine gas system OR mid-length gas system covered with rifle length handguards.

The second option above actually makes sense to me, the first is kind of retarded.

at any rate, it's like olds442 said, you can use any barrel provided it's drilled for the desired gas system.  You'll have to add your own low pro gas block, but that's really not a bid deal.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top