Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:14:28 PM EDT
Where can I find a durable tritium front sight for an AR15? I'm assuming that's the best iron sight solution.

I have an Aimpoint but I'd like to get familiar with an iron sight solution in low/no light shooting.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Where can I find a durable tritium front sight for an AR15? I'm assuming that's the best iron sight solution.

I have an Aimpoint but I'd like to get familiar with an iron sight solution in low/no light shooting.

Thanks.

One option.
http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=35&back_row=2&categoryID=7
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#3]
XS Sight Systems
I have the 24/7 Tritium Stripe (front post only)on 2 of my AR's. Good Stuff!!!
I like their products so well that I have one sight or another on ALL of my weapons.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
My night site is an Aimpoint CompML3irons for everything else.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Oh wait, you said iron sights, sorry.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
XS Sight Systems
I have the 24/7 Tritium Stripe (front post only)on 2 of my AR's. Good Stuff!!!
I like their products so well that I have one sight or another on ALL of my weapons.

++1 for XS.  Trijicon's are just too small & hard to see.  I've put XS fronts and rear ghost rings on several AR's and fronts only on others.  Much, much better.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the Trijicon front sight, but I find the rear unit just about useless.  Be aware that the front is a tad wider than a standard one.  The Trijicon post is able to move independent of the base, which allows the tritium element/dot  to remain faced toward the shooter on each elevation adjustment.  Many similar units require you to rotate the unit a full 360 to have the dot orientated back toward the shooter.  This makes it difficult to fine-tune your zero, if you just need a click or two of adjustment.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top