Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 12:42:49 PM EDT
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42158924

I've never seen anything like it.  Can anyone tell me about it?  Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the early semi-auto rifle that Bushmaster made, before they started building AR's.  You also occasionally run across the "arm-pistol" a kind of pivoting bull-pup type pistol that was supposedly developed for aircrews or something like that, but never really got adopted (but remained part of their logo).

Based on other ones I've seen, the long flash supressor on this one is a little unusual.

Here's another one: www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976587304.htm
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I know where that dealer's gunshop is.  I'll go check it out for you.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Bradd, but unless you are interested, it's not necessary.  I like the $600 difference in price between the two.  I wonder what they are like to shoot?  I wonder if you could mount a picatinny rail - Geez, repeat after me - I don't need one of these, I don't need one of these . . .

John
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I passed on one for $500 in a local shop back in 2003 when the ban was still going strong. I couldn't bring myself to buy the ugly beast.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one back in 96. It was the first "mouse" caliber I owned. I didn't pay more than $300 for it and it was in excellent shape. It grouped cloverleafs at 50 yards, even with a super hot bbl.
The internals were primarily M-16 parts. It doubled alot,  but I thought that was part of the fun!
(I was a dumb E-2 that played with machine guns all day anyway).
I traded it to a blind guy (no shit) at the Farmers market gun show in Atlanta. I got a Marlin camp 9 and a Franchi LAW12 for it, even steven. I still think I made out better.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I traded it to a blind guy (no shit) at the Farmers market gun show in Atlanta.  

He may have gotten this one from the blind guy.  He's in Norcross (NE of Atlanta).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top