Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/6/2006 1:12:32 AM EDT
I mounted the clonepoint on the clone ARMS mount, and stuck it on my clone M4...

It's quite solid and hefty. I plan on trying it out tomorrow.

And tried it out on my Night of the Living Dead poster...Just to make sure it would work against zombies...

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The Clonepoint doesn't make it any less deadly!

Nice work, Beltfed-frugal-head

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Definately looks complete now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Guess that makes you ready for the "clone wars"??

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  Post a range report for us and where did you get your clonepoint?

Max
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:23:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Tested on Zombie poster!  Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:24:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guess that makes you ready for the "clone wars"??

No Expert

ROLMAO!

Is the rail a clone too?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
AIRSOFT RULES!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
when you shoot it, the dot will dissapear, the shock of the bullet will turn it off, then you must hit it to come back on..................

dont ask me how I know.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:16:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
AIRSOFT RULES!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good.
But... What exactly is a clonepoint?
MB
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Clone Aimoint maybe??

Still wondering how this would hold up on a 12 Gauge...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#12]
They were being sold in the EE a while back. Apparently they got great reviews, so I took the plunge.

Here's a complete review.
REVIEW

The guy's store is here:
STORE

I haven't taken it to the range, so I can't recommend it yet. It looks very well made and solid, though. I'll post again when I shoot with it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Cheap scope and cheap photo hosting service........pattern?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Cheap scope and cheap photo hosting service........pattern?

he did buy a few MAGPUL accessories

but yea I think those replicas were initially made for AIRSOFT guns...

they slipped right in to a real gun community...

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Whoa, there! Eliteist snobs, much?

I mean, clearly since my Del-Ton/Bushy bastard of a rifle isn't a Colt with an honest-to-god Aimpoint/ACOG/EoThingie it's not good for anything other than a boat anchor, right?

I've had $35 reddots hold up for many thousands of rounds, what makes you think this optic will be junk because I didn't pay out the ass for it?

I think you're HOPING it's trash so you don't feel like asses for forking out $350.00 for something that can be had at a fraction of the price.

This gun is a range/plinking/varmint toy. I don't need to spend top dollar for mil-spec optics when a substitute will serve me just as well. Oh, and if you'll notice, it isn't an M4 6-pos stock, either, but my $40 4-pos works extremely well and is more than durable enough for most any task I will encounter.

But I'm SURE every one of the critics here are popping tangos in the sandbox all day every day, and have need a life-or-death need of super-HSLD shit.

Oh, and if you haven't used any Magpul stuff, you're missing out. It's great equipment for a low cost. I was very surprised at the quality of the MIAD grip and the rail covers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#17]
i would say "nice build'' but no pics showed up

dont take it too hard man, whatever you can afford and makes you happy is cool imo

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Please God... make it stop!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I like "Lamepoint".  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I mean, clearly since my Del-Ton/Bushy bastard of a rifle isn't a Colt with an honest-to-god Aimpoint/ACOG/EoThingie it's not good for anything other than a boat anchor, right?

I've had $35 reddots hold up for many thousands of rounds, what makes you think this optic will be junk because I didn't pay out the ass for it?

You're wasting your breath man.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I only made a joke about the name.....I made no "tactical" slams.  We all have to start somewhere. I think it looks good, if it works for you...go for it.

No Expert
(not tactical guy)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:35:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh, and BTW, the optic is great. I've dumped several hundred rounds through it, and it's rock solid. No POI shift, no problems staying on, just one bright-ass dot o' death.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:01:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks great, Evil black Rifle
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:22:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Nice weapon!

Pay no mind to the snobs. I bet a good portion of them don’t even own an AR!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Hmmmm, Clones they are, good they will be, shoot them we should !!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:00:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I BOUGHT AND CLONEPOIT OF OF JACK AND ALL I CAN SAY IS.......................................... IT ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY THAT I PAID SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE REAL THING EVEN THOUGH I LOVE IT. I HAVE PUT OVER 700 RNDS THROUGH IT AND IT HAS NOT LOST ZERO NOT ONCE.I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME SCOPE HOUSING MINUS INTERNALS.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I BOUGHT AND CLONEPOIT OF OF JACK AND ALL I CAN SAY IS.......................................... IT ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY THAT I PAID SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE REAL THING EVEN THOUGH I LOVE IT. I HAVE PUT OVER 700 RNDS THROUGH IT AND IT HAS NOT LOST ZERO NOT ONCE.I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME SCOPE HOUSING MINUS INTERNALS.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME SCOPE HOUSING MINUS INTERNALS.

I too own a clone from Jacky, it’s mounted on my sons .22 AR. It was definitely a good deal as a intro to optics sight for a 13 yr olds rifle, but on my SHTF/home defense rifles I stick to the real thing.

After I received my clone I compared it side by side to the real Aimpoint and did notice some different machining angles on the clone. So if these clone bodies were at one time intended for Aimpoint they must have failed QC and were sold as rejects.

Another member here who bought a clone could not get his “name brand” Aimpoint mount to fit his clone, so that shows me some serious deficiencies in the mfgrs QC program.

Not to bust on the clone, like I said, I own one. And I’ll never bust on someone who can’t afford the real thing and opts for a clone.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Nice rifle.  Dont worry about the gear queers.  I have a cheap scope on most of my rifles because thats all I need.  Since I doubt you'll be shooting actual people anytime soon or making entries into hostile territory I think you made a wise decision. Have fun with it and good luck.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#30]
The motherflocker's name is Jon, not Jack or Jacky.  His Ebay store has been shut down so don't expect any customer service or warranty or returns when you do manage to break it.

It isn't the same body as the Aimpoint and it's the INTERNALS that matter, not the outward appearance.  

I bought one from him a year ago but don't use it much.  The dot blooms and is not round.  I do have an Aimpoint CompM and the Lamepoint doesn't really compare.  What?  You want me to do a side by side torture test before I open my mouth?  Sorry, no.  To test them both side by side to the point that the clone fails would probably end up putting enough scratches on my CompM that I couldn't resell it easily enough.  Id' like to trade it out for an Eotech.  

If these clone companies were good at making equal quality gear at much lower prices, where are the Eotechs?  The fact is they simply have no better technology than what Daisy puts into their $15 air rifle dot sights.

Your rifle looks nice though and I am glad you are happy at the moment.  I will feel a little sorry for you when it breaks.

Why exactly did you get the knockoff mount too though?  The Lamepoint came with a mount and therefore you obviously bought the ARMS clone just for looks which is 100% ghey

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I got one, and liked it so much I sold my real Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I got one, and liked it so much I sold my real Aimpoint.

I would not have done that...sorry..I don't care if it looks like a Aimpoint....it'd not as tough and reliable as an Aimpoint.

What about after the sale issues? Aimpoint stands behind their sight, no questions asked...

Not worth the risk..but hey, you will look jamming with the other airsoft guys..
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#33]
This forum sucks now.  No wonder all the knowledgable people left.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#34]
How much did you pay total for your setup?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The motherflocker's name is Jon, not Jack or Jacky.  His Ebay store has been shut down so don't expect any customer service or warranty or returns when you do manage to break it.

It isn't the same body as the Aimpoint and it's the INTERNALS that matter, not the outward appearance.  

I bought one from him a year ago but don't use it much.  The dot blooms and is not round.  I do have an Aimpoint CompM and the Lamepoint doesn't really compare.  What?  You want me to do a side by side torture test before I open my mouth?  Sorry, no.  To test them both side by side to the point that the clone fails would probably end up putting enough scratches on my CompM that I couldn't resell it easily enough.  Id' like to trade it out for an Eotech.  

If these clone companies were good at making equal quality gear at much lower prices, where are the Eotechs?  The fact is they simply have no better technology than what Daisy puts into their $15 air rifle dot sights.

Your rifle looks nice though and I am glad you are happy at the moment.  I will feel a little sorry for you when it breaks.

Why exactly did you get the knockoff mount too though?  The Lamepoint came with a mount and therefore you obviously bought the ARMS clone just for looks which is 100% ghey

I sense much anger in you JosephR…..much anger.     His email was, or is [email protected] so I’m gonna call him Jacky!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#36]

The clone came with the ARMS style mount. I had a choice between the cantilever design or the ARMS design. I chose the latter because it set the optic further back over the reciever, and balanced out the rail on the handguard.

So it would seem I had a practical reason for my choice after all, eh? Not that I have to explain myself to someone who addresses me in such a manner.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The motherflocker's name is Jon, not Jack or Jacky.

Funny, his name on the box he shipped in was Xiaodong. I'm still gonna call him Jacky.....it's kinda grown on me now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I didn't know he offered the mount as an alternative to the standard low or cantilever.  I saw his EE ad and thought he was only selling it as a separate item.

So I'd have to say you made the right choice on the mount.  That one's probably better than either of the other two.  

Maybe the Chinaman from French-Canada got deported and that's why his Ebay account is sitting dormant.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Nice rifle man, but I'll stick with irons before I support outright copyright infringement. That is not being a gear queer or scope snob either. It's simply a choice to support American, and Foreign companies who legally carry patents here in this country for an item they paid assets to have developed, and legally patented. And like I said in another post, why would anybody want to willfully suport such an activity? Do like I did forever, and save up to get the real thing, or don't get it at all.

The communist country company who made that mount alone is willfully stealing from an American company, how can you support that, and how can this site allow it?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Because Aimpoint is a massive corporation with MULTIPLE contracts with .mil/LEOs and who knows how many overseas. When it comes down to it, it's either them losing the cost of one unit at whatever it costs to manufacture the optic (NOT much) or my spending hundreds of dollars more than I could have for what is, essentially the same item (for my purposes). Bottom line, they can stand to lose the cash..I cannot. Sorry if that offends your principles, but they are in NO danger of going out of business. They don't even NEED civilian sales to make profits.

Besides, I like the optic so much, I am considering buying a real Aimpoint for my 20" that comes in this week, solely for the reason that it is probably more durable and a good SHTF item. So, in reality, the clone actually GOT Aimpoint some business, as I wouldn't have spent the $$ to buy one without trying it out for myself.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Because Aimpoint is a massive corporation with MULTIPLE contracts with .mil/LEOs and who knows how many overseas. When it comes down to it, it's either them losing the cost of one unit at whatever it costs to manufacture the optic (NOT much) or my spending hundreds of dollars more than I could have for what is, essentially the same item (for my purposes). Bottom line, they can stand to lose the cash..I cannot. Sorry if that offends your principles, but they are in NO danger of going out of business. They don't even NEED civilian sales to make profits.

Besides, I like the optic so much, I am considering buying a real Aimpoint for my 20" that comes in this week, solely for the reason that it is probably more durable and a good SHTF item. So, in reality, the clone actually GOT Aimpoint some business, as I wouldn't have spent the $$ to buy one without trying it out for myself.

Using the logic you are running with man.... A bank has millions, or even billions of dollars within their corporation. So going with that logic, do you think that you should be able to go rob a bank and it would be no big deal? Afterall, they have lots of money, and the 10-20k, average, that you get would be a drop in the bucket, right?

And no I am not offended/angered. But it does sadden me to see the small niche of enthusists known as AR-15/M-16 owners so willfully ready to cheat a company, big or small, out of money by knowingly buying  a cheap knockoff of their copyrighted material. And the mass backslapping of the others when one does it is just as bad.

It is plain wrong, simple as that. No logical explainations will ever justify theft...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I have 1 eotech and two clonepoints
I stuck the the Eotech on my M4 and love it.  
I stuck one clonepoint on a 9mm AR and one on a MP5 clone.  
I have shot thousands of rds thorugh the clonepoint and they all shoot great and hold zero,
I can't afford three eotechs and the 9mm isn't to much for the clonepoints.  
I would much rather spend $40 on a chinodot and $350 on ammo.  
Buy what you want.   Spend the rest of the $ on ammo!
Whats the point in having cool guns if you can't afford to shoot them.  

BTW...Your guns is sweet
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#43]
All you're missing is an OVERPRICED butt stock and AntiWalk pins!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#44]
It's not wrong. No amount of twisted metaphors will convince me otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

+1,000,000,000

If you have nothing good to say in a thread don't say anything at all. Its that easy. Quit shitting in threads. If someone likes somthing good for them if you don't like it, STFU. I have seen many stupid things on this site and have not said anything. Quit acting like 13 yr olds that have to comment on everything.

ETA I think the carbine looks great. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,000,000,000

If you have nothing good to say in a thread don't say anything at all. Its that easy. Quit shitting in threads. If someone likes somthing good for them if you don't like it, STFU. I have seen many stupid things on this site and have not said anything. Quit acting like 13 yr olds that have to comment on everything.

You don't like what someone says..then don't post...

Pretty simple..
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You would be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, I have a Clonepoint on one of my airsoft M4s and I love it; the sight picture is crisp and clear and I will use it on my M4rgery, once I complete it. Let me guess, is your Clonepoint made by G&P? or by some other airsoft manufacturer like Guarder or Samurai?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Using the logic you are running with man.... A bank has millions, or even billions of dollars within their corporation. So going with that logic, do you think that you should be able to go rob a bank and it would be no big deal? Afterall, they have lots of money, and the 10-20k, average, that you get would be a drop in the bucket, right?

And no I am not offended/angered. But it does sadden me to see the small niche of enthusists known as AR-15/M-16 owners so willfully ready to cheat a company, big or small, out of money by knowingly buying  a cheap knockoff of their copyrighted material. And the mass backslapping of the others when one does it is just as bad.

It is plain wrong, simple as that. No logical explainations will ever justify theft...

You are absolutely right, the band IS NOT AFFECTED by a simple theft/robbery. You can rob millions from them and it wouldn't affect a damn thing. They have their reserves, FDIC insurance and their own insurance, no one is adversely affected except the people you terrorize by robbing that bank. 10-20k is a paltry joke to any bank, heck that doesn't even register a bleep on their radar as far as they are concerned.

Sorry man, your not talking about some guy name Bill with a home business, your talking about faceless, nameless, unemotional, uncaring corporations that operates on a global scale.

And these clones companies are not violating anything. You forget and choose to believe that copyright protection only apply in the country which that patent is issued. Again, the face of globolization is a harsh one and if you want to play the game you have to accept the costs. Aimpoint isn't loosing anything nor any of their rights are infringed because legally they have no claim, monetary, design, conception or any other claim to anything in the countries that these clones are built. You choose to apply your narrow and singleminded idea of ethics in an arena where the complexity of international trade make any point you make moot. If Aimpoint has any rights at all these clones would already been stop, but they don't, plain an simple.

I own 2 of these clones, a Comp M2, a 552, a TA31F and a TA11F. Don't be stupid and think for a moment the two clones I bought would in any way detract from my other purchase. Sorry but a $80 item isn't even on the same purchasing scope as a $500 (scope and mount) that the real Aimpoints run for. If you could afford the $500 you would buy an Aimpoint, no questions asked. If you could not and bought the clone, you were never in the position to purchase an Aimpoint anyways and does not in any way detract from the profit of Aimpoint (A SWEDISH COMPANY.)

Life isn't simple, nor are micro and macro economics. One must look at the situation from a macro and micro scale to realize that Aimpoint has no rights nor are they even close to being "hurt" by these clones. If anything these clones convince those that would otherwise never buy an Aimpoint to save up and get one.

I see this whole situation as a positive for Aimpoint since all trends of analysis does not detract anything from Aimpoint but rather benefit them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,000,000,000

You don't like what someone says..then don't post...

Pretty simple..

That same logic applies to you, chief.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top