Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 4:32:34 PM EDT
Has anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the price? They look like a great idea. Just wonder if they are worth the $45.

Edit: I guess I should have been clearer. What I am interested in is info from people who have/had one and wether or not they are worth buying. I recently purchaced a DCTechs release from Brownells and it was a peice of shit.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
if your into competition/Camp Perry type shooting than it would be a good upgrade but in my opinion for just plinking or CQB shooting I wouldn't want it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
if your into competition/Camp Perry type shooting than it would be a good upgrade but in my opinion for just plinking or CQB shooting I wouldn't want it.

I can see your point. Anyone else have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What do YOU want to do with it. you shooting CMP?? cause that's what it was designed for. For a shooter in a heavy shooting coat in a prone position with a tight sling to release the bolt on mag changes without having to come out of position..... if your not doing that...your wasting $45 plus S & H
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
they work real good, mine required fitting to my receiver.  not needed on all rifles.  i got mine for $25 i think.  if you want the info im me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they work real good, mine required fitting to my receiver.  not needed on all rifles.  i got mine for $25 i think.  if you want the info im me.
www.hunt101.com/img/352748.JPG

IM sent
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Those would not be legal in CMP/DCM matches.

In NRA matches it would put you in the Match Rfle Class.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Without saying what you feel is wrong with your current piece, it is hard for anyone to make an honest comment that would be of any use....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Without saying what you feel is wrong with your current piece, it is hard for anyone to make an honest comment that would be of any use....

1. Plastic

2. Mounts to roll pin rather than release button allowing it flop around freely

3. To engage bolt release one needs to stick entire finger all the way through trigger gaurd

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
What doesn't the original do for you?  I don't understand how the one you describe could still be on your weapon....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Finger inside the trigger guard and not for the purpose of firing the weapon, I don't like it for the same reasons I don't like the M14/M1A safety.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What doesn't the original do for you?  I don't understand how the one you describe could still be on your weapon....

It's not
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Good, but what doesn't the original bolt catch do for you?  The one that comes on a standard M16/ AR15, what is wrong with it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Not lookin for an argument Stickman... Just experiences with the release.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#14]
EDITED-  If you can't understand why I'm asking the question, there is no point.

Good luck, and yes, I've used it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: (I think you are a little confused. I have zero interest in an argument, nor do I see where I have tried to start one. I have asked a question in order to give you better feedback, you have avoided answering the question for whatever reasons.

While there are people here who don't mind blurting out garbage based off no real input, I am not one of them. If I give info, its based off real world use. In order to give an answer that can be of use to anyone, there has to be enough info to respond.

If you are just looking to make your gun cool, thats fine, but I can't understand your reluctance to provide input for your own question.....

Actually I'm always confused and yes I always want to make my gun cooler. However I was just  Interested In learning about other peoples experiences with this (or similar) products.....If  you have used one , maybe you can tell me what your experience whith it was. I know I'm new here  but wtf?

EDIT:
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Actually I'm always confused and yes I always want to make my gun cooler. However I was just Interested In learning about other peoples experiences with this (or similar) products.....If you have used one , maybe you can tell me what your experience whith it was. I know I'm new here but wtf?

Probably because you won't say what you want it for and have given no valid reason to ditch the stock one.
and you say another model you bought was a POS but don't bother to explain why. Your not looking for help..just validation.. good luck.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Actually I'm always confused and yes I always want to make my gun cooler. However I was just Interested In learning about other peoples experiences with this (or similar) products.....If you have used one , maybe you can tell me what your experience whith it was. I know I'm new here but wtf?

Probably because you won't say what you want it for and have given no valid reason to ditch the stock one.
and you say another model you bought was a POS but don't bother to explain why. Your not looking for help..just validation.. good luck.

never said I was ditching anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Plastic

2. Mounts to roll pin rather than release button allowing it flop around freely

3. To engage bolt release one needs to stick entire finger all the way through trigger gaurd

Harv24  Try reading the thread a little closer
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got a Wilson Combat enlarged bolt catch and I like it. Don't really need it of course, but it does make it a little easier when slapping it for fast relaods and for left handed use. http://wilsoncombat.com/r_bolt_release.asp  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#19]
If you shoot NRA Highpower in the match rifle class this is the best way to go:

http://www.compasslake.com/RHBR.htm

I've used one for years with a charge handle on th carrier and it's awesome.

hrm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top