Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 10:57:10 AM EDT
Whats the best price anybody has ever seen advertised for a RRA CAR A4 with 6-pos stock? Any of the dealers offer one for under $700 shipped?

LETS HERE ABOUT SOME OF THE BEST DEALS...or IM me, I know some of the dealers on here DO NOT want their prices listed on the net...so out of respect for them.

I'm looking to buy a new one from the best source, thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have bought from both of these people.
Mooney has complete RRA lowers with 6 pos stock for around 250 shipped.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=260127

ADCO (bigbore) has complete RRA car a4 uppers for 400 shipped.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=265827

There is your complete rifle from two great people. GL with your search.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
THANKYOU, the combination of the two for $650 plus shipping sounds like bottom dollar.... I feel one of our dealers should be able to do it for slightly under $700 shipped on the whole CAR A4 (6-pos stock).

Anybody else have any excellent feedback from a really good deal they found?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
anyone???What kind of money is being spent on these new?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had no idea about an "11% excise tax" on assembled AR-15's. The best price I have found is:

RRA CAR A4
-6 pos stock
-stainless barrel
-$745 quoted
-NEW from dealer here

So I'm sure around $700 is possible without the SS option, just not sure which one I want yet.

I think this is a VERY good deal and just wanted to double check w/ some of the more EXPERIENCED members on here to make sure since I'm a Noob!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Steve also please comment upon what the warranty is when a customer calls up on his dealer assembled kit rifle and it does not work?

Going with low bidder is not always the best choice.

So what you are saying, is that the "super discounted" AR-15's are from dealers who are parting the RRA upper to the RRA lower at their shop and it did not come from RRA directly 100% assembled w/ full warranty?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
tag

I'm not trying to start a big cluster-f@uck on the AR boardhatthan you can buy a new one for from one of the discount dealers after a little neg.!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Steve also please comment upon what the warranty is when a customer calls up on his dealer assembled kit rifle and it does not work?

Going with low bidder is not always the best choice.

It's my understanding that Rock River warrants both their fully assembled uppers and fully assembled lowers under a limited lifetime plan.

I haven't heard of an ArfCom RRA dealer that is selling complete RRA uppers and/or lowers built from scratch. If you have, you should inform us as that would be a very unfair practice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#11]
RRA Tactical CAR A4 $719.00 at Eagle Firearms. This price does not include a carry handle but it is still a very good deal. I have purchased through Eagle before and will again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
RRA Tactical CAR A4 $719.00 at Eagle Firearms. This price does not include a carry handle but it is still a very good deal. I have purchased through Eagle before and will again.

He is one of the dealers that I have received the best price from, not going into exact details, but he even quoted BELOW his "sale price"! So, is he loosing money like the other guy said or just all the others paying too much for their RRA supply?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Great advice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Steve,

You should post your previous comment as a sticky under the RRA's Industry section. I'm enjoying my Entry Tactical. It's too bad that I don't haven enough time to shot it more often.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Nobody wants to end up with something that isn't what they thought that they were buying.
Several times each week I have to tell some poor guy that what he thought was a RRA rifle is, in reality, something built on a factory-shipped stripped lower or a lower half .  He could have one of our uppers on it, or our parts kits in it...but also very well may not.   I get to hear about our A1s (we never made, used, or shipped an A1). I get to hear about our fluted varmints (never happened).  And more.
That's one of the reason we went to laser engraving the uppers that are sold as upper halves and rifles differently from stripped uppers etc....to better let us and you determine how they left the factory.  We certainly warranty the FACTORY assembled uppers, lowers, and rifles...and we even try to help people who got taken advantage of, but we can't warranty what isn't ours.
Yes...some dealers are exposing themselves to some horrible personal and tax liability.  Many don't even understand that they are doing it.   Some dealers do survive on a next-to-nothing margin on the base rifle to sell accessories that may have a better margin and make their profits there, but I don't know of anyone who routinely sells below cost.
I'll go back to the axiom that if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  Stick with reputable dealers (physical or on-line).  If in doubt about a configuration, get a serial number and call me...I can tell you how it left the factory.  Be leery of complete RRA rifles with single-stage triggers...as a general rule, we don't make them (we do under certain circumstances, but it represents less than 1% of what we send as complete rifles).  Ask about the box, warranty card, and manual.  Be smart about what you buy.
"Nuff said."
Steve/RRA

About 2 years ago I was looking for a rifle to buy on dept letterhead.  I considered putting one toghether, but I figured that the extra money spent on a complete rifle would be worth the warranty.  I bought what I thought was a complete RRA rifle with my dept letterhead.  It ended up being a misassembled parts gun, (wrong buffer spring, buttstock was slighty stripped and installed crooked).  I ended up selling the parts and keeping the lower for something else.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
About 2 years ago I was looking for a rifle to buy on dept letterhead.  I considered putting one toghether, but I figured that the extra money spent on a complete rifle would be worth the warranty.  I bought what I thought was a complete RRA rifle with my dept letterhead.  It ended up being a misassembled parts gun, (wrong buffer spring, buttstock was slighty stripped and installed crooked).  I ended up selling the parts and keeping the lower for something else.

I was in with Brushdog on this deal.  We bought what we thought were going to be factory-assembled carbines.  What we got were parts guns.  And this was from one of the "big boys" listed on RRA's webiste as an authorized dealer!

We called RRA and were told that the parts guns have no warranty.  I have not had any issues with mine and am actually happy with it but it was a shock to hear that it was a kit build.  

What about putting a "K" or something similar into the serial number of stripped receivers like DPMS is doing?  That'd let a buyer know right away what he may or may not be dealing with.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top