Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 4:20:50 PM EDT
I have an M4 style stock I recieved on a used lower.  It is the newer ribbed style.  My question is were would you find the N markings if this is Colt?  It is four position,  and the OD of the buffer tube measures 1.144" with my calipers.  Sorry no pics,  my girl has the camera at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The Colts no longer have the "N" marks

They used to be under the forward part of the lever used to collapse the stock. (and on the side)

If your's is old enough it may be there.

edit spell
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright,  let's see if this helps.  The first three holes are .808 inches center to center starting if the stock were extended all the way then the fourth hole is 1.128"  at the fully collapsed position.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
the new M4 stocks do not have any markings

One way to tell if it is a Colt is if  in front of the lever the stock is straight instead of curved like on a Bushy, RRA ect..

the only other way I know is if it has 3 litttle circles on the left side of the stock, 2 of them are near the sling slot and the other is in the front near the latch.

hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to explain

eta: one other thing is the latch itself is completely smooth and doesn't have any checkering
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright,  that is exactly what I've got.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Although they are almost identical,the photo is of a Colt stock(top) and a old model Stag stock(bottom) that they no longer make.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Colt

Hmmm ... and here I thought the Colt ones had the "rounded" edge under the adjustment lever. I stand "educated" again ...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:18:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Although they are almost identical,the photo is of a Colt stock(top) and a old model Stag stock(bottom) that they no longer make.

Very good Gasshopper, so close I did'nt think it important to say so,

does it have serrations on the adjustment lever, if not it is a Colt not Stag (CMT)
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very good Gasshopper, so close I did'nt think it important to say so,

does it have serrations on the adjustment lever, if not it is a Colt not Stag (CMT)

Is mikeinkc talking about the photo you posted YD?

and is the one shown at the bottom of the pic a Stag and the top one Colt?

if so, what are the differences ("they are almost identical")
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:48:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I have always noticed that the old CMT and the M4 Colt stocks are identical.  I have never seen this said anywhere but I just always figured they were both made by the same company.

I paid $100 for my Colt M4 stock which was a pretty good deal for it considering they sell for $150 and higher and it's a bite in the balls to think the CMT older one is the same as a Colt but at half the price.

I just assume they are the same does anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:43:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Colt stock in rear more rounded corner of triangle indentation CMT stock in front has a sharper corner

another angle of the variations in corners CMT in the front

CMT on the left Ridge towards the top of stock has a slightly sharper edge Colt on the right

Colt on the left Sling loop screw on the Colt is shorter and Colt uses a thread lock compound CMT on the right

Colt on top CMT uses a serrated lever also CMT stock is 1.465 inches wide just before the lever Colt stock is 1.475 inches just before the lever

And thats what I've got, as to weather they are manufactured by yhe same company or not, I dont know but they are very similar

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top