Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 2:35:00 PM EDT
OK, the wife and I are going to exchange v-day presents this year.  By meer co-incidence our budget just happens to be right around the price of a xm177e2 moderator (non-nfa) from Total Silence.  

So, I need some advice/help on getting the barrel work done.

1) Who should I get to cut down a 16" barrel, open the gas port, and permanently attach the FH?  The two that seem to get good praises here are ADCO or AR15 Barrels.  

2) Since the barrel is cut down, do I really need a chrome lined barrel?  This gun will go from the safe, to the range, to the cleaning bench, then back to the safe.

3) At present I'm thinking I would purchase a DPMS barrel (I can buy it local, usually at a decent price) but it has a black finish.  Does anyone make a lightweight carbine barrel (.625) that will match the finish of the moderator/FH from Total Silence so I don't have to mess with refinishing?  If not I will do the refinishing job (Norrels, flat grayish-black) myself but I'd rather not.

Much thanks, GL.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk to Tom at Total Silence he probably could take care of whatever you want!

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I didn't think he sold barrels so that's why ADCO and AR15 Barrels were the first that came to mind.  I will have to do that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Talk to Tom at Total Silence he probably could take care of whatever you want!

I agree, there is no point in having different people do the work.  Tom is known for total quality in the area of retro AR weapons, I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't just have him do everything.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
i got the ts non-nfa moderator and grenade ring

bushmaster .625 bbl. from gds enterprise

sending it all to adcofirearms for the work.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top