Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:06:09 PM EDT
Since being around the board awhile I have seen a trend in certain threads that are brought up. these topics are normally from lazy asses who don't want to spend the time to look around or the kind of threads that are just plain stupid with no thought or imagination.  Just a thread to post for the sake of posting. And they ALL END THE SAME WAY and are responded to by the same Posters with the same reponces.

So I made my New Year's resolution not to respond to the following top 10 topics.

1.  Colt vs  (Insert brand here)
2.  HBAR vs. M-4 profile vs. Standard profile
3.  28 vs 30 rds in a mag ( a personel favorite)
4.  Aimpoint vs EOTech
5.  5.56mm vs 7.62mm (Uncle Sam already did it 40 + years ago)
6   ARMS vs LaRue
7.  Any topic with the word "Bumpfire" ( never did before, never saw a reason to start now..)
8.  C-Mags?? are they worth it?? good for SHTF scenario's?
9.  Any thread with  "Wolf Sucks"  if you can't shoot it..Don't, if you can and want to, go for it..
10. Any thread that starts with the Topic " What's  the best....."

If the rest of you will follow suit... "You know who you are" we can clean this place up a little and make it a little more respectable.................
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I am indeed surprised by how many people start the same thread over and over.  However, here are a few things to consider.  One, the search button, which seems to be the easier by far, only goes back 30 days.  Another thing to consider is that people seem to like those posts the most.  Maybe that is all they can contribute  here and want to be part of the AR community.  Look at the very recent Bushmaster vs Rock River.  Couldn't be more beat to death topic but it has well over 70 responses. Lastly, if your are tired of seeing the thread, don't look at it.  I am no computer geek but I am sure it doens't slow the system down that much regardless if 200 people respond to the Colt vs everyone else, or M4 vs CAR, or 4140 vs 4150, etc., or is DPMS any good?  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
And this has to do with AR tech how?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Dace if that is in response to my post, then I don't understand what your asking?  I read his post as landbasting the people who start threads that have been posted several time before.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dace if that is in response to my post, then I don't understand what your asking?  I read his post as landbasting the people who start threads that have been posted several time before.

I think that the point that Dace was making is that this thread has no business in a Tech forum.

GD is the place for stuff like this.

The 11th thing that I will not respond to in 2007 is a thread in the wrong forum. Too late for this year.

viator
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And this has to do with AR tech how?

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I see.  But I don't think it will ever happen.  Too many people are posting here that should be in other posts.  For example,  how many builds are talked about here?  How many trouble shooting problems are discussed here?  Oh, my personal recent favorite, posted here in the "tech forum" is "Stupid Range Behavior...." Over 170 posts!!  NOt saying it is right to post it here, but it happens and will continue to happen by most users.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#7]

So I made my New Year's resolution not to respond to the following top 10 topics.

So.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
So far I've only had about 5 "should I buy X or Y" threads....  I usually listen to the input I get so they aren't worthless, but you might wanna put them on your list!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I see.  But I don't think it will ever happen.  Too many people are posting here that should be in other posts.  For example,  how many builds are talked about here?  How many trouble shooting problems are discussed here?  Oh, my personal recent favorite, posted here in the "tech forum" is "Stupid Range Behavior...." Over 170 posts!!  NOt saying it is right to post it here, but it happens and will continue to happen by most users.

These somewhat relate to AR's and tech, maybe they are in the wrong tech area but its tech,

How does your new years resolution of not posting to certain thread sin a any way resemble tech?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't said anything about New Years' resolutions in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#11]
You used to be new as well. "Someone gave you a break once , even though your a goon"
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Anways guys,  I am sure you have better things to do than respond to posts in the wrong forum so I will let this issue die, at least on my part.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#13]
how about people who dont pony up for a team membership stop bitching what threads people start?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Who cares...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
how about people who dont pony up for a team membership stop bitching what threads people start?

Thats a very good point AROKIE... I say +1
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#17]
yawn

87,76,78 or whatever the # is

moan moan moan

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#18]
So, are we allowed ask about 1/7 vs. 1/9 barrel twist? hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I personally like COLT over Bushmaster myself.  They typically use a 1:7 rifling and  have been around for years and.....  Oh wait, wrong thread.  Sorry!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#20]
you forgot midlength vs carbine gas system, and how about those new fanlged piston uppers  which is better pistons or no pistons.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not responding to this thread.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Since being around the board awhile I have seen a trend in certain threads that are brought up. these topics are normally from lazy asses who don't want to spend the time to look around or the kind of threads that are just plain stupid with no thought or imagination.  Just a thread to post for the sake of posting. And they ALL END THE SAME WAY and are responded to by the same Posters with the same reponces.

1.  Colt vs  (Insert brand here)
2.  HBAR vs. M-4 profile vs. Standard profile
3.  28 vs 30 rds in a mag ( a personel favorite)
4.  Aimpoint vs EOTech
5.  5.56mm vs 7.62mm (Uncle Sam already did it 40 + years ago)
6   ARMS vs LaRue
7.  Any topic with the word "Bumpfire" ( never did before, never saw a reason to start now..)
8.  C-Mags?? are they worth it?? good for SHTF scenario's?
9.  Any thread with  "Wolf Sucks"  if you can't shoot it..Don't, if you can and want to, go for it..
10. Any thread that starts with the Topic " What's  the best....."
11. OR THIS THREAD

If the rest of you will follow suit... "You know who you are" we can clean this place up a little and make it a little more respectable.................

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#23]
12.  Any optic thread with "CLONE" in the topic
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#24]
or any thread similar to this one that makes no use of space like all the others
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Me either
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me either

looks like you already have
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I agree with most of what you say.  Here are the exceptions I'd make:

1.  Colt vs  (Insert brand here) No change-these threads get stupid in microseconds
2.  HBAR vs. M-4 profile vs. Standard profile I'd make an exception on this one if the question revolved around applications where the different barrels would be preferable.  But only if there were a really valid reason to go with one rather than the others and NEVER after anyone has started calling anyone else names.
3.  28 vs 30 rds in a mag ( a personel favorite)  I'm waiting for someone to pop in with a way to cram 35 rounds in a 30 rd mag!
4.  Aimpoint vs EOTech ...vs laser death ray, vs custom irons vs a Calloway Big Bertha vs....  Yep, I'm with you!
5.  5.56mm vs 7.62mm (Uncle Sam already did it 40 + years ago) Again, I'd only respond if there was an application issue, and then only with much trepidation...
6   ARMS vs LaRue ...vs just about anything else including nylon cable straps and duct tape!
7.  Any topic with the word "Bumpfire" ( never did before, never saw a reason to start now..) What?  You don't want to learn how to bump underwater in low visibility conditions?
8.  C-Mags?? are they worth it?? good for SHTF scenario's?  It goes without saying...
9.  Any thread with  "Wolf Sucks"  if you can't shoot it..Don't, if you can and want to, go for it.. Here, here!  If the stuff goes "bang" and generally downrange where you want it, it's called "ammo."  Otherwise why bother arguing about it?
10. Any thread that starts with the Topic " What's  the best....." Here I take exception.  As long as the original poster has a real question and isn't baiting the trolls (and sometimes I think everyone becomes a troll on some subjects), then answering the question is really good for everyone.  Of course if the answer is obvious, in the FAQ, in the TM, discussed YESTERDAY (or at least within the last 30 days so nonmembers can search for it) or otherwise something a person who is responsible enough to own a firearm should have thought of, then flame away.  But I'll sit out and see if I learn any new words or phrases!

I think the biggest way the whole place could be cleaned up is summed up in two points: Don't take arguing on the Internet personally (insert insensitive but funny truism about arguing on the Internet here), and never click "SUBMIT" without completely reading what you've typed and considering whether or not you're posting to straighten out some poor soul rather than to straighten out some @#$^$$% idiot.

Happy New Year everyone, and here's to hoping we have a much more enjoyable (and more civil) year in 2006!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top