Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:33:25 PM EDT
am I going to get any shit checking a bag on the plane containing an undeclared AR-15 20" H-BAR (MEANING: BARREL ONLY)?  I wouldn't ask, but things have changed dramatically since I have flown last and nothing would surprise me these days.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont see why--half those buys might not even know what it is...

besides, its not a firearm, just a part--a chunk of metal
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wouldn't bother bringing it if you aren't going to check it in inside a locked rifle case.

I figure someone might want it on the EE once I get home, it's doing me no good sitting up here at the parents, and the bastards only give you 2 bags to check, so I'm SOL otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd box it up, ready to ship, and leave it at your parents house.
Sell it on the EE, and have them ship it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I bellieve the rules say *firearms or parts of firearms*?

UPS it home...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You don't mean you want to take it on the plane with you?
You shouldn't have to put it in a rifle case, but these are not necessarily the sharpest knives in the drawer you are dealing with, I am betting if it's not in a rifle case you could have a problem.

You could mail it to yourself if you are shot on room for the flight.

In a recent thread, a military officer (LINK2 BELOW) got seriously hassled with an upper in his bag, and it was declared.  He was not allowed to fly with it.  

I say ship it.  It will cost less than a gun case.

I travel all the time, and I sure would not attempt it.

link 1

link 2
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Knock the FSB off it, and put it in a different pocket/ bag.  It is going to look like a piece of pipe without the FSB and barrel nut.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top