Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2006 10:30:17 AM EDT
Hey crew, I already own a Bushy M4 preban config with 6 position stock and all that jazz. Want another AR but a fullsize A3 model and rather than just get another Bushy I was thinking about either Rock River Arms or Armalite .223 standard 20" A3's... Any thoughts?

Also, I seen this really cool AR front handguard that kind of looks like a PSG-1 handguard but its all metal and looks like it free floats. Its boxy and has 1 rail on the top of the guard... anyone know what i'm referring to? Because I dont
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
One of each.

/hates decisions.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't own either and Armalite or a Bushy, but I LOVE my RRA Elite CAR A4.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I would have to recommend the Armalite or Bushmaster in this case, even though I don't want to.

RRA doesn't offer chrome-lining in their 20" barrels so I can't suggest them. Besides, Armalite and Bushmaster are great rifles.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd have to go with Bushmaster or Armalite, if I wanted a lower end AR, I'd go with RR or DPMS.

TG
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd have to go with Bushmaster or Armalite, if I wanted a lower end AR, I'd go with RR or DPMS.

TG

Ok so Bushy A2 20" or Armalite? Also, any takes as to the maker of the front handguard im looking for??
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would have to recommend the Armalite or Bushmaster in this case, even though I don't want to.

RRA doesn't offer chrome-lining in their 20" barrels so I can't suggest them. Besides, Armalite and Bushmaster are great rifles.

WIZZO

+1

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Bushy makes a great 20". You may want to consider stag as well
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Hogue stock's look good on the 20".
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#10]

TG

TexasGunman,

What do ypu base that claim on?  Seems the majority on this forum think RRA is of better
quality than BushMaster.

One thing that has me leaning towards RRA is the tighter tolerances in fit. It has been said by
owners of BM's that the upper and lower of the BM are loosely fit.

Really want your opinions because I still haven't decided between the two. Keep leaning back
and forth based on the experience of everyone here.

Thanks
Frank
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

TG

TexasGunman,

What do ypu base that claim on?  Seems the majority on this forum think RRA is of better
quality than BushMaster.

One thing that has me leaning towards RRA is the tighter tolerances in fit. It has been said by
owners of BM's that the upper and lower of the BM are loosely fit.

Really want your opinions because I still haven't decided between the two. Keep leaning back
and forth based on the experience of everyone here.

Thanks
Frank

Frank, I've only ever shot 3 AR15's in my life. The first was a DPMS A2 with the Vietnam style handguard.. that gun was very loose. Then I got my Bushmaster M4, its alot tighter and you can barely hear the spring in the stock, unlike the DPMS which was really shakey. The 3rd was a Colt ban-style Match 20" with a crowned (no flash supressor / compensator) which was also just as tight as my beloved Bushy.  My only regret, and if you look for my post in the optics forum, is im trying to mount an Aimpoint on an A2 using a gooseneck and what a PITA A2's are compared to A3.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Also, I seen this really cool AR front handguard that kind of looks like a PSG-1 handguard but its all metal and looks like it free floats. Its boxy and has 1 rail on the top of the guard... anyone know what i'm referring to? Because I dont

Click>Badger Ordnance.<Click
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an Armalite and RR and have had Bushies. They are all great guns. I am partial to the Armalite a4 middy. Damn sweet shooting gun!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top