Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:36:25 PM EDT
Isnt a AR pistol classified a SBR if it has a VFG?  So the the carbon 15 pistol with a pic. rail on the bottom of the hand guard, isnt that just inviting ATF rule breakers?  I might be wrong on this but some one gimme some feedback.

even thou bushys carbon line is ghey i was just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
SBR=Short Barrelled Rifle--i.e.: any rifle w/ a bbl less than 16in

the AR pistols, as long as they do not have a butstock (or anything that's suppose to be used as a buttstock), are pistols and do not fall into the SBR rules or rifle rules (they are pistols)--the buffer tube has been allowed for functioning and oked as long as it does NOT function as a buttstock (but you can sorta use it as one...)

rails do not matter; h/w, if the pistol has a VFG, i believe that it turns into a AOW (more BATF rules)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Lower rails on a pistol can be used for bipods, lights, lasers, ect,, (just no forward grip).  Bushmaster is not inviting anything, they are giving the shooter options.  Could you put a forward grip on the pistol? Yes - like you could on any pistol ever made.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lower rails on a pistol can be used for bipods, lights, lasers, ect,, (just no forward grip).  Bushmaster is not inviting anything, they are giving the shooter options.  Could you put a forward grip on the pistol? Yes - like you could on any pistol ever made.

so putting a forward grip on pistols is OK and within the law (i thought that was a no no w/ glocks....)?

thanks pigmy
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My point is that there is nothing inherently evil in having a lower rail on the Bushmaster pistol.  And as stated in my first post it is a no-no to a add a forward vertical grip unless it is a AOW firearm.  This applies to all pistols.  Having a lower rail or not you can ILLEGALLY add a VFG to ANY pistol.  Bushmaster's lower rail does not affect that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My point is that there is nothing inherently evil in having a lower rail on the Bushmaster pistol.  And as stated in my first post it is a no-no to a add a forward vertical grip unless it is a AOW firearm.  This applies to all pistols.  Having a lower rail or not you can ILLEGALLY add a VFG to ANY pistol.  Bushmaster's lower rail does not affect that.

yea, thats what i figured
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top