Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2006 7:38:50 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience or feedback from these systems?

TROY Industries:
http://www.troyind.com/modular_forend.htm

Lewis Machine and Tool
http://www.shoppekeeper.com/lewismachine_catalog/products/cqbmrp

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a plethora of feedback here on this very forum on both (The search feature using LMT, or Troy will turn up lots of discussions)

But since we are here.,........

The Troy modular forend is a very worthy, popular, and highly recommended product. It is among the top 4 or so similar rail systems. Those would include KAC (Knights), Daniel Defense, and LaRue Tactical. The Troy often gets a nod due to excellent customer service, and their reputation gained as one of, if not these best BUIS available.

The LMT MRP is an awesome product, but is a specialty item in my opinion. It offers the user the ability to change barrels and set ups. This is not a requirement of mine, but many love it.

In addition to the barrel change, it is a continuous rail - uninterrupted its full length making it a good choice for Aimpoint and EOTech users who move their optic up or down the rail for optimum efficiency

Lastly, it is pricey. I think it runs about $1,250 making it prohibitive for many

Below are a couple of good links to further the background on these two items. Particularly the LMT MRP which has 40 pages of discussion - positive and not as positive.

Welcome to AR15.com, Mitch!!

The consummate LMT MRP thread

Troy Rails, and many others. Has run for a couple years, so check the opening and later comments for up to date feedback
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I have experience with both. They are two great companies.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top