Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2006 7:36:02 PM EDT
I have learned alot from this site, so first of all thank you. I have been looking at the Bushmaster, rock river, and DPMS. Still cannot decide on just one. I have about $1300 to spend and I also want to by a EOTECH too, and I want a quad rail for later add ons.
Second question is I live in NC and know that I need a permit for a handgun but not a rifle or shotgun, But what about a AR-15 as long as the barrel is 16 inches or longer. Do i need a federal permit? I would be thankful for all the help that I could get.
And if there are any owners in Eastern NC that could suggest a good place to buy that would be great.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought an XM15E2S and it is considered a long gun and you don't need a permit for it.  I can't answer your eastern question though...I am allllllll the way across the state from you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Welcome
2. No. No such thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
first off, Welcome to the site!

a 16in bushmaster/RRA carbine (5.56 chamber, chrome lined bbl, and A3 upper) will fit the bill + enough for the EOtech (if you look hard enough--i got mine for $250 NIB)+ lots of mags and ammo+ 2 piece YHM quad rail

dont know anything about NC gun laws; never heard of a federal permit

good luck
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
An AR 15 is a rifle. An instant backgroung check is all that is required.  Why would you ask that question regarding the AR 15?  It is a semi-auto rifle not some special funky weapon.  NC sells semi-auto rifles with no interest in what type it is unless it is over larger than a .50.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top