Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 5:40:15 PM EDT
Do anyone know what Free Floating Rail systems will work with the POF piston uppers (other than their own predators)?

Also, what is the current opinion?  LW or POF piston uppers?  Strengths and faults of both.

Lastly, MaryAnne or Ginger???
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard the ARMS SIR will work on both, but I myself would go with the LW and the ARM-R rails.

If I got a POF, I'd leave the Predator's on it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Only problem I have with the Predator rail system is that the top rail doesn't secure itself to the upper (near the end where the charging handle is).  Other than a little screw that basically tightens down to the upper.  I want something that will clamp onto my flat top upper (near where the charging handle is).  Makes the rail system more secure in my opinion.

Or a FF rail system that basically looks like it is an extension of the upper.  That way, the line of sight isn't raised (in relation to my irons).  So I can continue using my rings and red dots.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Same 50 freak from the fal files?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Definately marianne.  Ginger was the eternal flirt.  Marianne looks good for a nice roll in the hay.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
When you say you want it to look like an extension of the upper, I'm assuming you mean you don't want the delta ring gap between the barrel and the handguard?

If so, it sounds like the LW with the ARM-R rail system is the set up you're looking for then.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Darren,

Yep it's me.  

Do your rail system work on POF's?  I think your rail system is superior to the predators by far.  But I like the POF piston system (because of my fondness for FALs I guess)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]

When you say you want it to look like an extension of the upper, I'm assuming you mean you don't want the delta ring gap between the barrel and the handguard?

On the nose
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope.  And the only similarity to the FAL gas system is the gas plug.  That is neither good nor bad.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Go with the POF and Predator.  You won't be dissappointed!

TS
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Go with the LW and ARMR-M if you want that monolithic look, less weight and easy access to the piston for maintenance (brushing away any carbon).

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top