Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 1:15:29 PM EDT
My rear sight is cocked off to one side almost feeling spring loaded. Looking at it from the top it's not even with the carry handle and when moved it just springs back into position. It will straighten out as the elevation is increased but at the 8/3 setting(lowest) it's cocks off to one side. The only way I can get proper sight alignment is to have the windage turned all the way to the left. At anything over, say, 6 or more it works fine and the windage can be set in the middle. Honestly I don't recall if it was like that when I got it or what. I've never dropped it or cranked it in either direction that would cause a problem.  Any input?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are talking about the base it is spring loaded and is supposed to be like that. If the aperture is cocked to one side it is either the aperture itself or the base is miss drilled for the windage screw, however if the latter was the case you would not be able to move it and it would not move back. Soundls like you have a bad aperture and when you try to move it strait you are levering the base and when you let go, it returns. Post a pic, is this a hooded aperture by any chance?

After reading your post again I do not think there is anything wrong with it. What does not make sense is where you state you have to turn the windage all the way to the left to get proper sight alignment. Can you define what you mean by proper sight alignment?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My rear sights have movement but spring back straight with the carry handle no matter how high or low.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
No, the thing is not parallel with the carry handle unless the elevation is jacked up to 6+. Just doesn't seem right but I'm told this is normal.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
This is normal.  The RSB is cocked just a little to the left.  If yours is more than this, you may have a problem.  Can you post a picture?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is normal.  The RSB is cocked just a little to the left.  If yours is more than this, you may have a problem.  Can you post a picture?

images.snapfish.com/3459542%3C%3B%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3256%3E%3B87%3E338%3EWSNRCG%3D323343%3A644968nu0mrj

It looks just like that other than my rear aperture is mounted backwards for some reason(it was like that when I bought it). I just noticed it and thought I may of had a problem. Thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top