Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2006 4:19:49 AM EDT
Here is my no frills/thrills RRA CAR A4. For use on critters and shooting from small confined places. (sort of like a truck cab) I think the CAR barrel profile is raw sex appeal.  I'm glad I got the R-4/M4 hang guards, gives it a little more meat to hold onto.  

I'm a 6 year and going Aimpoint fan, but just for shits and giggles I bought the 551 Eotech.  The Eotechs are a little more streamlined, less snagging points and looks pretty nice.  552 looked a little big.  I like the smaller profile 551 model.  Need to get used to that 1 MOA dot.  That 65 MOA circle might have a purpose and seems to help find the dot.  

The rig shot really smooth.  After boresighting I walked out to the back 40 and found a unexpected pumpkin ready to shoot.  The rifle is at least minte of pumpkin right now from the standing position at 60 yds Much less recoil impulse than a stock M4.  I'm pretty sure that is due to RRA using an A2 rifle weight buffer for the A2 stock option I got.  Hate those rattly ass collapsibles and don't want to spend $250 for one of those rock solid LMT SOPMODs.  Collapsibles are good for my Diamondback predator body armor/plate carrier/tac vest, but this gun is for hunting not for the two way range in B-dad.

Oh, and the NM two stage triggger breaks at 3, 1/4 to 3, 1/2 lbs.  Caught me by surprise the first few rounds.  

Fit and finish are top notch.  That is, after I used "Armor All Wipes" on the gray A2 stock.  I recommend the purple can armor all.  It does not leave the stock slippery as I thought it might. Absolutely no play between the upper and lower recievers and even the handuards sit perfectly.  A note on the bolt carrier finish:  The surface of the bolt carrier group is rough and sparkly.  I shredded a few paper towels when wiping it down after Tetra greasing the contact points.  Though the rifle functioned flawlessly upon initial firing, does this finish smooth out after time?  My Colts are blue and smooth.  

Another point.  I felt all warm and fuzzy when I discovered RRA included a new 30 rnd USGI LEO marked magazine with purchase.  Nice little touch.  

Overall, this little RRA A4 is quite impressive.  Put together like a quasi-custom gun considering fit/finish/feel.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
looks great!

congrats

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Parkerizing will smoothe out through use and time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:30:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Another point.  I felt all warm and fuzzy when I discovered RRA included a new 30 rnd USGI LEO marked magazine with purchase.  Nice little touch.  

same here  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"....... the NM two stage trigger breaks at 3, 1/4 to 3, 1/2 lbs.  Caught me by surprise the first few rounds.  

Fit and finish are top notch.

Overall, this little RRA A4 is quite impressive.  Put together like a quasi-custom gun considering fit/finish/feel.  

Great looking shooter, Gargoyle!

I have read and heard the RRA Nat'l Match 2-stage is one of the very best available for the AR.

as for the cosmetics..............RRA is really making a name for themselves for the finish they put out, and a negative word on that is rarely if ever heard.

Congratulations!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Very Nice!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top