Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 12:30:07 AM EDT
i have about  20 Preban USGI 30rds Magazines....

each magazine has date   month/year was made stamp on side... example 03/89 =March, 1989

but i noticed one of my mag didn;t have any marking/date on the mag...mag is made by Sanchez....but all my other Sanchez has date on it....

is this error??
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say yes,error.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:20:49 AM EDT
[#2]
This problem is commonly known as a "Dirty Sanchez".
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Made before they date stamped the magazines.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:32:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This problem is commonly known as a "Dirty Sanchez".

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#5]
i have a bunch of labelles that arent marked
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
These are all defective mags... send them to me for disposal!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have quite a few older mags without dates on them. It was only after the ban that it was required on the nasty hi caps mags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have quite a few older mags without dates on them. It was only after the ban that it was required on the nasty hi caps mags.

I think that USGI contractors were required to date stamp before tha ban, but I'm not sure when it began. BTW, I have some LaBelle's that are NIW that are stamped 09/94 on the wrapper, but not anywhere on the mag. Dunno...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i have about  20 Preban USGI 30rds Magazines....

each magazine has date   month/year was made stamp on side... example 03/89 =March, 1989

but i noticed one of my mag didn;t have any marking/date on the mag...mag is made by Sanchez....but all my other Sanchez has date on it....

is this error??

No big deal. Most of the preban mags were not date stamped. The ones you do have stamped with a preban date are actually the rarities. The earliest date stamped mags Ive seen have been '89.

The one Sanchez mag you have was made before they started date stamping. Wasnt till after the ban that all mags were date stamped or LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I hvwe half a dozen GI magazines (donated to me by soldiers who dropped them while "gaming" on my antenna farm in Panama!), and NONE has a date.  They're all pre-'88 (because they were "donated" in 1988).  They're from a variety of manufacturers, and all have the then-standard black follower.   They all run fine, by the way.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top