Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 8:10:24 PM EDT
Well first off I would like to say that I am the noob to the forums here.  I can remember seeing a bushmaster hanging on the wall many years ago when I was a kid and knew that some day I would own one.  Well this Friday is going to be my day.  I bought a Bushmaster XM15-E2S from a local shop.  Someone ordered it and it came equipped wrong.  The owner had a return tag coming in the mail for it and sold it to me for $800 out the door after taxes and all!  I had been looking for a couple of weeks and found this deal.  I had also rented one at a local range and put about 100 rounds through it and really liked it.

It has a 10rd mag and the owner is throwing in a 30rd mag for it.  He says no one buys a gun like this and uses a 10rd mag.

Anything that I own doesn't stay stock.  My questions are...

What stock to replace the fake collapsible that is on it?
Scope or EOTech for general range use and plinking?
Other accessories?

Sorry for all of the questions but this is my first black rifle and I am stoked about it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
There are tons of options on stocks and everything else you just have to figure out what configuration you want and go from there
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
There are plenty of stocks to chose from , and the CMT/ Stag is a good solid unit that comes at a decent price.  You may also want to look at Vltor, especially if you like to upgrade things.  

Go shoot a few case of ammo through it using iron sights before you throw on an optic.  

I'm guessing there is no bayonet lug or flash supressor on it either?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome and have fun with the new "Toy"

+1 on mastering Irons first, then get an optic
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a flash hider on the end of it.  No bayo lug though.  They told me that the smaller sections on the barrel were for mounting a grenade launcher...that sounds like it could be interesting.

I will take plenty of pics.  I am not quite as good of a photographer as some of the people that I have seen on here but they will do :)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Master the irons first for sure. Im sure it's heresy to say this but my xm-15e2s has the A2 stock. It's not even a fake collapsible. I think it's fine and although I thought for sure I wanted to change it I'm not so sure now. Trust me at first you will need every last cent for ammo and magazines!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear you on the ammo.  They also have a 1000 round box of ammo sitting next to it.  Gonna be a fun weekend :)

Yeah, I will have to master the irons as I will be spending all the money on ammo :)  But I found that once I got the rental dialed in to my liking, it was dead on.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2x14m4my.asp

That is the gun that I bought.  It has the A3 Upper though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the club.

Enjoy your new rifle. Be careful, they tend to multiply.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
to AR15.com  

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
you now have the disease. Be carefull the add-ons can be addictive. Welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
if you want to save yourself some aggrevation and some money just shoot the AR stock for a little while to see what you like and don't like and then you can either keep it stock or make some upgrades.  Most first time owners want to go get every little contraption and do dad out there and find out later it was a waste of money.

Probably not what you want to hear right now but other than replacing the fake stock with a real one I would just keep it the way it is.   Shoot it as much as possible and take it from there.  Read the forums and see what others have to say and then make some changes if you want.

welcome to the disease and it only gets worse with time
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
You are right, it has already gotten worse!  But not for me lol  A buddy of mine at work shot the bushmaster at the range today and ordered an identical twin to mine :)  I think that I will keep it fairly tame.  Just add a collapsible and an M6 tactical light with laser.  I am looking into varmint rifles for the longer range work :) h.gif
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top