Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2006 8:00:33 PM EDT
Hello All,

I found a guy wanting to sell a N.I.B. Stag Arms Lower Receiver and lower parts kit for $160.  The price doesn't sound bad to me, but I am not that familiar with Stag Arms( only that they offer the only left-handed AR).  The guy claims that it is Mil-Spec, but will this lower be compatable with parts (uppers, etc.) from companies such as Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, Olympic, etc.

Any answers or opinions will be greatly appritiated.

DFA
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Stag Arms is about the best there is.  For just the lower and LPK, the price isn't bad, considering you won't have to pay shipping, FFL fees, and the such.  Would be even better if it was assembled.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless it has that third hole drilled in the receiver and the "other parts" installed it's not going to be "milspec".

There is nothing wrong with Stag lowers or uppers at all.
My Stag lower is mated to an Oly upper, and my Stag upper is mated to a Rock River lower.
If you like the price and you can live with the deer logo then go for it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hello All,

I found a guy wanting to sell a N.I.B. Stag Arms Lower Receiver and lower parts kit for $160.  The price doesn't sound bad to me, but I am not that familiar with Stag Arms( only that they offer the only left-handed AR).  The guy claims that it is Mil-Spec, but will this lower be compatable with parts (uppers, etc.) from companies such as Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, Olympic, etc.

Any answers or opinions will be greatly appritiated.

DFA[/quot

Top of the line  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
buy it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
buy it.

Buy a couple  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. and opinions you all.  Awaiting sellers reply.  Will inform.

DFA
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Stag=CMT made but under a diferent logo...buy it if the deer head dosent bother you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:01:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Who/where has a good price on them?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Stags are good

check out the EE/industry board for some dealers w/ great prices

eaglefirearms.net and aimsurplus might still have em for $89
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
buy it.

Buy a couple  

hehe, got to agree with that!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a fair price to me.  Buy it.
I got a Stag lower I built with Bushmaster parts and mated to a FN upper.  The only draw back was that the rear portion over the Selector Lever is a "high shelf" model and it won't accept an Accu-Wedge, but that doesn't it from shooting straight.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd have a problem with my stag not accepting an accu-wedge if it wasn't already perfectly tight on a colt M4 upper. My stag has seriously ZERO wiggle. The only drawback is that I have to squeeze the two halves together slightly to push out the rear pin. I usually hook a thumb in the trigger well and pull down on the upper with my fingers, not hard at all.

Rated top freaking notch.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top