Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:16:44 PM EDT
I am new to the ar world but I am a gun nut. Has anybody used a vulcan reciever.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The general rule is that Vulcan/Hesse is junk.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
OH MY FUCKING GOD I WIPE MY ASS WITH VULCAN!

Ahem, sorry.

But seriously, I held one of those before, and I couldn't believe that my hands had just touched the most unholiest pieces of manufactured shit ever created.

Stay away from Vulcan/Hesse. Air Rifles are more reliable.

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Run, don't walk, as far away as you can.

-K
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a vulcan reciever for my fal and have not yet had any problems with it, but the ar stuff may be shit!
I dunno
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bought a vulcan reciever for my fal and have not yet had any problems with it, but the ar stuff may be shit!
I dunno

Dowse it with holy gasoline and light it on fire.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
How am I going to burn a metal reciever with gasoline, if I did burn it with gasoline I could pick it up and still shoot it but maybe with a new pistol grip!!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Real good first post.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How am I going to burn a metal reciever with gasoline, if I did burn it with gasoline I could pick it up and still shoot it but maybe with a new pistol grip!!!!

You can burn the BBQ grill paint off of it.  

Very shoddy from what I hear...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info, any recomendations for aluminum recievers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Bushmaster
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#12]
*Looks down at Shotgun news which happens to be open to a page with a Vulcam Arms Carbon Fiber Lower AR15 Reciever - 69.99$*

If you wan't to find some good deals on recievers, go into the EQUIPMENT EXCHANGE on the top right  TAB of this website, good deals are all over.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#13]
The logo is cool though. It says live long and prosper!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The general rule is that Vulcan/Hesse is junk.

+1

i thought that one of my local gun shops had AR lowers, till i saw that they were vulcans
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Being a dealer with almost nothing but grief from Hesse/Vulcan receiver guns, in almost all cases I would say run for the hills. Only one Hesse firearm I sold did not have problems (it was an STG-58/FAL, rough as a pig but I got it worked over and looking good).  The STG-58's were usually 50/50 as to successfull operation.  One Garand I had literally disassembled itself though the receiver was pretty to look at.  I have seen an AK receiver so warped I can't believe it could leave a factory.

Several have bought the carbon fiber receivers, they seem to be better than his usual crappola.  I bought a set of them myself.  Of the 4 reports I read, 2 were bad, cracks started to appear.  One was used for full auto.  I had always planned and still do to use my set in a dedicated .22 rimfire build so stress won't be a big problem.

I will always recommend against Hesse/Vulcan receivers (hell, they are so notorious they had to change their name to Vulcan).  If you get one you are rolling the dice, and the dice are usually weighted to crap out.  If you gotta go Carbon Fiber, I would highly recommend try Bushmaster instead.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I have never owned a Hesse/Vulcan.  I've never shot one.  I've looked at more than a few.  I am inclined to side with the majority regarding their quality just because the few that work well seem to be exceptions rather than the rule.  That said, I believe that in past discussions of their carbon fiber AR15 lower receivers, they have seemed to work just fine.  It is the upper receivers that have been cracking, threads melting, etc.

Carbon Fiber lower owners may want to chime in here if in fact they are an exception to the Hesse/Vulcan = shit rule.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I own one. It has not failed me yet. i bought it several years ago to build a light weight AR. It is the camoed AR in my hunting pictures.

I have a friend who also has one and his cracked in front of the buffer detent pin hole.

Bob
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top