Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2005 12:50:53 PM EDT
Well, I finally did it this morning. I traded in my Colt Match Target HBAR 6700 20" for the Bushmaster XM15-E2S 20" A4 model (plus $250 for the trade).

Some may ask, "Why would you trade in a Colt for a Bushmaster?" well there's a few reasons, but none of which were the "seal the deal" type of excuses.

1.) When I bought the Colt, it was used. I paid $840 with tax.
2.) It didn't have a flashhider or a bayonette lug (Don't really care about the lug though).
3.) The FSB was canted to the right just a little bit. (Not much of a difference, but enough to cause some annoyances)
4.) The Bushmaster model is exactly what I wanted, to do what I want it to do. I bought the Colt when "The Ban" was still active.

So all in all, I traded in a really good rifle, for another really good rifle, but more the what I wanted.

So, I'm happy as a fat kid fucking a cupcake.

-Covert

P.S. Here's the gravy.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
X
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
THanks, and sorry guys, sometimes the pictures come up as "X" for a short time. Just refresh and hopefully they'll work.

I don't know why but some people can see them and some people can't.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, as long as you're happy with your decision.  

Congratulations!

Not that you asked for any opinions, but I would've just purchased a new upper instead of trading the gun in.  However, that isn't the point as it seems that you're happy with your decision.

Bossanova.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /56/9/86/12/532498612YRiLnQ_ph.jpg on this server.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, as long as you're happy with your decision.  

Congratulations!

Not that you asked for any opinions, but I would've just purchased a new upper instead of trading the gun in.  However, that isn't the point as it seems that you're happy with your decision.

Bossanova.

Yeah I debated over and over whether I wanted to just get a new upper, and maybe a new lower sometime in the future, but I figured "Eh, fuck it. It's what I want, and I want it now!" Plus my family and friends were sick and tired of me moping and pouting around about it lol.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow..I have a Bushy that I would have traded you in a heartbeat for that Colt...even..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice trade.  Post ban stuff is for the birds.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope you got the $250.00 and not the other way around

The 6700 is a much better rifle in my opinion
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nnnnnnnope, gave him the $250 + rifle trade. I'm happy with it though, even though I could've used that dough for some nice rails :-)

I loved my 6700 Colt, but it's just not a very good modular weapon, which is more of what I'm looking for. I never had a problem with that Colt, other that the FSB was canted just a hair, but it was perfect other than that. Who knows, if they guy still has it in a few months, I might take it off his hands... Again :-)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow..I have a Bushy that I would have traded you in a heartbeat for that Colt...even..

Hm, does me a lotta good now lol

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nnnnnnnope, gave him the $250 + rifle trade. I'm happy with it though, even though I could've used that dough for some nice rails :-)

Damn you got p3wned........that's almost as bad as the guy who traded his FAL and $300 for a WASR

Don't pay any attention to the above......look, I've got this eh...romanian AK...one of a kind I hear......well  I tell you what, if you want a deal mr., I'll trade you my AK straight up for any more of those ol' colts you got lyin' around, hell they ain't worth nothin'.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, this is how I looked at it...

1.) When I bought the Colt, I paid $840 (including tax).
2.) When I bought the Colt, it was used.
3.) The Bushmaster is brand new in box,
4.) Around here, not many people buy AR's, and the ones that do, want all of the nice evil accessories like the flashhider and bayonet lug, and the Colt would've just sat on his shelf if he was going to sell it at the Bushmaster's price.
5.) So, really trading in a rifle that I bought USED for $840, for a brand new in box rifle for only $250 more really wasn't so bad in my eyes. The Bushmaster was going for $899 ($952 with tax).

So I'm still happy with my choice. Sorry Kool-Aiders, I have forsaken you

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a friend that traded his 2005 CHEVY pick up for a 1972 VOLKSWAGON Beetle. YEAH RIGHT!

just kidding. What ever makes you happy. Nice way to start the new year.

I bet your friend thinks he hit the lottery with that trade.

Gene

post more pics
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#15]
It's your money......but look at this way, right now a used Colt HBAR 6700 can be sold for a minimum of $1000.......

that bushi was worth what;d you say?  $899?

and you gave the guy an extra $250??

I'd be pissed......

The guy would have been screwing you if he had taken your trade flat even, not to mention the extra $250!!

Look I'm sorry, I'm not trying to piss all over your thread, if you are happy with the trade that is all that really matters.....

Good luck with the new bushmaster.......
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#16]
You could have just put the $250 towards an M4 Upper ... and yoiu already had a B/C/CH ... so you didn't need that ..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, now if it messes up the manufacturer will actually talk to you and try to help instead of saying FOAD
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hey, now if it messes up the manufacturer will actually talk to you and try to help instead of saying FOAD

+10
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Host them on another server, someplace like imageshack.com will do well for you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks stick.

Some people see them, some don't. I think I'll try photobucket, I just registered there just in case the gay webshots links didn't work.

Hopefully they worked this time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Imageshack tend to host pictures longer and it free, but if you have had good luck with photobucket, give them a shot.

I like your cover/ presentation picture, so hurry up and get them uploaded!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#22]
"Aaaaaahhh dakness! Dakness everybody! Daaaaaaaakness!"

It's a Celebration Bitches!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have posted a "Wanted to trade" ad....I would have driven halfway to meet you..

I'm glad you are happy..I hope that Bushmaster treats you right if you need them...because they told me to FOAD when I needed them to fix a canted FSB..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have posted a "Wanted to trade" ad....I would have driven halfway to meet you..

I'm glad you are happy..I hope that Bushmaster treats you right if you need them...because they told me to FOAD when I needed them to fix a canted FSB..

Damn man sorry to hear :-(, but we can go sling some brass sometime though :-).

I'm always up for new ranges.

I'm planning on getting a TA01 to put on it so I won't be using the FSB that much. Plus I'm getting some rails from M.I. and it's going to be veeeeeery pretty when I'm done. Just gotta wait for the tax return check haha

-Covert

ETA: I "DID" post a "Wanting to sell/trade" topic in the Indiana Hometown forum, but it got moved to the Trash Bin.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

1.) When I bought the Colt, it was used. I paid $840 with tax.
2.) It didn't have a flashhider or a bayonette lug (Don't really care about the lug though).
3.) The FSB was canted to the right just a little bit. (Not much of a difference, but enough to cause some annoyances)
4.) The Bushmaster model is exactly what I wanted, to do what I want it to do. I bought the Colt when "The Ban" was still active.

-Covert

Well keep telling yourself whatever you need to, to make you feel better.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like a good deal to me. You got rid of the gun you didnt want, and got the one you did. If youre satisified, you got a deal.

Persoanlly, Id have done it. Prolly wouldnt have given as much cash as you did, but Id have unloaded the Colt as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good deal to me. You got rid of the gun you didnt want, and got the one you did. If youre satisified, you got a deal.

Persoanlly, Id have done it. Prolly wouldnt have given as much cash as you did, but Id have unloaded the Colt as well.

Thanks you're one of my new best friends now too lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I passed up a new bushmaster m4 @ $800, and bought the 11 year old a  new Colt m4 @ $1134 for X-mas.
The fourth ar (Colts only) in the gun locker.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Good for you if your happy.  I think you did OK, I wouldn't have given you $600 for your Colt.  Your just being pissed on by the colt lover, I have a couple too, but I'm not gonna rain on anyone else's parade and try to make them feel like crap.  Have fun and shoot the hell out of it...LL
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Good for you if your happy.  I think you did OK, I wouldn't have given you $600 for your Colt.  Your just being pissed on by the colt lover, I have a couple too, but I'm not gonna rain on anyone else's parade and try to make them feel like crap.  Have fun and shoot the hell out of it...LL

lol thanks, I sure will.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice!

I bought the a Bushmaster 20" A3 just a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Nice!

I bought the a Bushmaster 20" A3 just a few weeks ago.

Awesome, enjoy her!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#33]
ya'll have fun now
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top