Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 4:15:00 PM EDT
Ever since I fired my father's friend's Colt Sporter (had plain muzzle, pencil bbl.) I wished of having my own. 3 years later...

The story of my AR15 began back in 2001. I purchased my Bushmaster XM15 brand new during the AWB with my Alaska PFD. It had a plain muzzle and a flat-top upper receiver and no bayonet-lug. It was ordered through the Fort Wainwright Army Post, Alaska sport store.

They day after I received it, I wwent and purchased 1000 rounds of Olympic 62gr, SS109. Took it to the range for the first time where I discovered this ammo made my brand new, unfired AR a single shot weapon. Malfunctioned every single round, which I had to extract by using a trick I learned from ARFCOM, the pull-charging-handle slam-buttstock method. I had been looking foward to firing my new AR15 for months, and I had a very dissappointing expirence.

After returning that ammo (minus 3 or so boxes) I purchased good winchester ammo. Not a single malfunction and a lot of fun.

Fast foward 3 years into 2004. At this point my Bushy 20in A3 has around 4k rounds through it. I clean it almost every range trip and it has never malfunctioned. But then again I have only fired quality factory ammo through it.

The looming AWB sunset is approaching ever closer as I sit with my fingers crossed as September 14 passes. I hear stories of rifles from every manufacturer as well as upper receivers with no ban features being ordered and being waited on forever it seems. But when my Alaska PFD arrives in October, I immediatly place an order with Bushmaster for a 16" Patrolman's Carbine M4A3 complete upper receiver assembly along with a Bushmaster 6-position stock. I wait 6 days before the stock arrives and a mere 2 weeks before the upper arrives. It probably goes without saying that I am very excited to have a REAL, no bullshit rifle, the one I always wanted.

Over the last year I have added:

Surefire M73 rail system
Vltor modstock
Tango Down pistol grip
Tango Down verticle grip
Magpul rail covers

In my rifle's current configuration, it has taken a lot. It has fired 4000 rnds+ without cleaning and without malfucntion. It will shoot 1 - 1.5 MOA depending on the temperature. I have fired 500 rounds of 62gr. Wolf at -20 degrees without a single malfucntion, still.

This is the greatest AR15 in the world. It has never malfunctioned (except with shitty greek ammo, which I don't count), even when very dirty and very dry , and will shoot 1" groups all day long.

here she is in stock M4 config. I need an updated pic.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
A great saying comes to mind. Something about "This is my rifle, there are many like it".
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd also like to add that it will take your AK in a torture test any day.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck, I thought someone had written a piece about my 20" HBAR.......
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can consistently shoot 1.5 moa with it with the irons.  I'm jealous.  I need more practice.  I have a hard enough time getting my Colt A2 with a scope on it to do that.   It does it with certain ammo but not with irons.  Yikes.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like my AR
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
In my rifle's current configuration, it has taken a lot. It has fired 4000 rnds+ without cleaning and without malfucntion. It will shoot 1 - 1.5 MOA depending on the temperature. I have fired 500 rounds of 62gr. Wolf at -20 degrees without a single malfucntion, still.

I hope the guys that hang in the AK forum read this...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hope the guys that hang in the AK forum read this...

Oh they know how much today's ARs can take. They're just in denial!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
God damn man, I had the same problem when I first got my Busmaster around 2001-2002, I thought i had a piece of shit because of that horrible Greek ammo (I returned all of it and got my money back). After I started going through federal, No Problem and she works like a charm.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/AmericanSniper/CASV-EL1.jpg
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Is that rust on your bayonet?!?!  PASS REVOKED!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#10]
i have a bushmaster superlight with a very similar story but it ate all ammo fine and its close to 10k
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is that rust on your bayonet?!?!  PASS REVOKED!!!!!

hah, no thats just the light. I keep that bayo very clean as it is a Phrobis III M9
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

aaaaaahhhbuuullsshhhiitttt.........excuse me, sorry must be these damn allergies........
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

aaaaaahhhbuuullsshhhiitttt.........excuse me, sorry must be these damn allergies........

Sorry but I'll shoot 5000 rounds after dragging mine through liquid-hot magma and it'll still go longer than you AK.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top