Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 8:02:02 AM EDT
Just how important is it to use oversized (.155) pins with the trigger group?

I ask because I am interested in using one of his triggers in my Bushy lower, but the receiver's pin holes are too small to accommodate the oversized pins.

I don't want to pound the pins in place or ream the holes, so I'm left wondering... will a Chip Mccormick trigger group work with standard size pins?

Thanks.    
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I just used the pins that came with the trigger.  If you don't have any of those in your bag, then the regular anti walk pins will work fine.

Had the anti walks in a RRA that I inst'd CM trigger into, also used the ones that came with trigger in another RRA, no issues.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody out there use the .154 KNS anti-walk pins with this set-up?

If so, is there any "play" or wiggle when the trigger pack is installed?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the kns .154 anti walk pins and a CM trigger... no play as far as I know.  Very good combo, highly recommended.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I also use the KNS anti-walk pins with my Chip McCormick trigger (bought them as a set from Denny).  I am ultra-happy with this trigger setup and am slowly converting my other ARs to the same thing.

No wiggle, or play, whatsoever, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I also use the KNS anti-walk pins with my Chip McCormick trigger (bought them as a set from Denny).  I am ultra-happy with this trigger setup and am slowly converting my other ARs to the same thing.

No wiggle, or play, whatsoever, as far as I can tell.

Do you use the standard size pins (.154) or the oversized pins (.155)? I ask because it's my understanding that Denny usually includes the larger pins when you buy the set.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd have to pull a pin and mic it to know for sure, but I'm almost positive they're the .154 diameter pins.  I'm using Ameetec lowers and the pins slide right in to the existing holes (unlike the pins that ship with the McCormick triggers).

Denny is amazingly friendly and willing to assist.  If you want smaller pins just let him know and I'm sure he'll do his best to accommodate.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I ask because I am interested in using one of his triggers in my Bushy lower, but the receiver's pin holes are too small to accommodate the oversized pins.

I don't want to pound the pins in place or ream the holes, so I'm left wondering... will a Chip Mccormick trigger group work with standard size pins?

Thanks.    

Try it with the pins that come with the trigger.  They worked fine for me and there is no play in the trigger assembly.

Charlie
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.    

Try it with the pins that come with the trigger.  They worked fine for me and there is no play in the trigger assembly.

Charlie

Thanks for the reply, but like I said, I don't want to pound the pins in place or ream the holes to make them larger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top