Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:19:24 AM EDT
Why do I see this in so many post from people getting ready to make their first AR purchase and want advice?  Plinking or a full scale fire fight, I would take any of the major manufacturers, ABC,RRA,LMT etc.  Everyone seems to say if you want it just for plinking then an Armalite would do fine, or a RRA would be just fine or whoever would be just fine.  I think all manufacturers build their weapons for the worse case senario.    So people please quit prefacing your statements with this.  It totally underestimates the quality of all these fine ARs.   Thanks for listening.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Right on man!  All those brands you mentioned should never be considered "plinker" quality.  Only 1 brand should get that distinction.

Olympic Arms.  Hell they even have a "plinker" line...
www.olyarms.com/?page=m1_plinker_models

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I think AR's are like sex. The worst you ever had was great. I am sure people do have problems with all brands occasionally. My personal opinion is that these companies are in business because they sell a functioning, reliable product. Shoot away. Most of us are not LEO, military contractors, paraniod of zombies, aliens, communist, or natural disasters of biblical proportion. All you people new to AR's don't be afraid to by a gun and some ammo and shoot the shit out of it and have FUN!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think AR's are like sex. The worst you ever had was great.

Well, if my .45AUTO upper was any indication, Oly would be the moped of the lot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think AR's are like sex. The worst you ever had was great.

How about this: AR15s are like sex, even having the worst is better than having none!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top