Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 5:23:32 PM EDT
I was curious about coloring-in my AR's factory markings after reading this thread:
www.markii.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3596

My AR is not a Colt nor a collector's edition rifle.
She's a rimfire DPMS, one I plan to keep and not re-sell.

Your thoughts
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't like personally MOST impotantly it's your gun, your fun

In your case! WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT!

Since it's not a collector and it's only a DPMS do it...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll gladly be the first to condemn you for not searching for this topic.

There are two very f*cking fresh ones if you search for "coloring" but you might also want to search "markings" and "color."

THIS THREAD is where I suggest you go so you will see immeditely it's not a sign of someone who respects themselves or their AR.

While it might look classy or nice, it doesn't support the Black in EBR.  

It also fuels the fire between H&K lovers/wannabes and AR15 lovers.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't like personallywww.clicksmilies.com/s0105/cool/cool-smiley-030.gif MOST impotantly it's your gun, your fun

In your case! WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT!

Since it's not a collector and it's only a DPMS do it...

Only a DPMS?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Joseph "cordial cupcakes" R:
. . . it's not a sign of someone who respects themselves or their AR.

Exactly why I asked, thanks.
And next time, I'll search first.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I colored in the Bushmaster logo on mine, but hated how it looked so I removed all of it, the only thing I chose to leave colored was the FIRE and SAFE engravings with red and white respectively.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll gladly be the first to condemn you for not searching for this topic.

There are two very f*cking fresh ones if you search for "coloring" but you might also want to search "markings" and "color."

THIS THREAD is where I suggest you go so you will see immeditely it's not a sign of someone who respects themselves or their AR.

Damn joe calm down, guy just said about coloring in his engravings, and let me be the first to condem you for being an ass, read his post againg and again.

plaskon's post
   I was curious about coloring-in my AR's factory markings after reading this thread:
www.markii.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3596

My AR is not a Colt nor a collector's edition rifle.
She's a rimfire DPMS, one I plan to keep and not re-sell.

Your thoughts

so he did see the thread, so he made his own on thoughts and oppinions of coloring.  that doesnt give you the right to flip shit on a new guy.

ETA: When i get my First AR in 2 weeks ill be painting my fire and safe markings
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#8]
back off silveradoboy17.  

I don't need you to tell me what I can or can't do "on a new guy" whatever that means.  

I don't think he needs to be called a new guy.  He's been here for a year longer than you and has an AR15.  

When you finally do get your AR and have questions, feel free to start posting threads instead of searching and see how much of an asshole I am compared to other people.  

And you are pretty ignorant in not understanding that when I said SEARCH I mean on AR15.com, not on Google.  He searched and found another website with a discussion.  He could search here and find plenty where people can be all sorts of assholes or very helpful.

If you still feel the need to try and scold me for being mean to new guys, go read that other thread more carefully.

You aren't going to get very far here if you think your main job is to point out the faults of some of the more experience players instead of just shutting up and learning.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top