Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 4:44:28 PM EDT
I have one of the original M93 stocks.  I have moved it around on different rifles.  It spent about a month or so without a host, and during that time it appears that it was bumped on the threads that mount it to the receiver.  The threads are only very slightly fucked up, but it's enough to cause enough resistance when attaching that I don't feel comfortable screwing past the tough spot.  I don't want to strip the threads on the lower or receiver extension.  

[Ron Burgundy]I'm in a pickle.[/Ron Burgundy]  How do I overcome this?  Rich told me he'd see if they had any tubes left, but it's not looking like there's any luck in that area.  Is it possible to rethread, or do I just take a chance and force it on, or none of the above???
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
use a thing called a thread file.  it is used to clean up threads. it has 8 different tread pitches on each one.  just run it across withthe tread and it will clean it up.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul is an AWESOME company, and I know for a fact that if they have one anywhere in their facility they will dig it out and take care of you.

I managed to royally fuck up a stock body by baking it at 300 degrees for an hour and they replaced it for me without question and without hesitation.  Hell, I called them up to ask about BUYING a replacement, but they sent me one for FREE.  The only catch was that they wanted me to send mine back so they could look it over and possibly come up with improvements.  They even sent a postage paid label so I was out literally ZERO dollars, and all for something that I fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Magpul is an AWESOME company, and I know for a fact that if they have one anywhere in their facility they will dig it out and take care of you.

I managed to royally fuck up a stock body by baking it at 300 degrees for an hour and they replaced it for me without question and without hesitation.  Hell, I called them up to ask about BUYING a replacement, but they sent me one for FREE.  The only catch was that they wanted me to send mine back so they could look it over and possibly come up with improvements.  They even sent a postage paid label so I was out literally ZERO dollars, and all for something that I fucked up.

cool stuff
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Magpul is an AWESOME company......

yeah, yeah, yeah....

and they are draining my wallet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Ron Burgundy]I'm in a pickle.[/Ron Burgundy]  How do I overcome this?  Rich told me he'd see if they had any tubes left, but it's not looking like there's any luck in that area.  Is it possible to rethread, or do I just take a chance and force it on, or none of the above???

I have been away last week and the week before was a madhouse at the warehouse. I am sure we have one back there just give us a call tomorrow, Thursday and we will dig it out fo you.

We are moving locations on Friday so we definatly will shake it out during the move if we do not find it tomorrow.

I sincerely hope you don't think I was stating a complaint.  I was just pointing that I had tried the obvious and contacted you first.  I would have responded sooner, however I was out of town as well, so I totally understand your being busy.  Thanks so much for having an outstanding company.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Magpul is an AWESOME company......

yeah, yeah, yeah....

and they are draining my wallet.

They are draining a lot of our wallets and the funny thing is......WE DO IT WILLINGLY!!!

High regards for Magpul and the guys!  First rate company.

I totally agree.

Quoted:

Sounds just like Dillon Precision.  My dad and I occasionally break parts and they ALWAYS replace them for free, even when we insist on paying.  We always (for years) have the same friendly guy to speak to whenever we have questions about a new load or part, and he knows my father by name-which in itself is a feat since my father is an imigrant with a name that most people forget much less can pronounce.  Someone who shoots at the same range as I do had his Dillon replaced for free when his house burned down with the Dillon inside.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top