Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:40:08 PM EDT
I have my entire future build waiting in boxes when I get home from traveling for the Holidays.  I was in a gun shop today and finger screwing with some rifles and noticed when I put my cheek on the sopmod stock and looked through an ACOG, mounted in the 'average' spot on the rail, i had good cheek placement but the stock was fully collapsed.

i retracted the stock to where it felt comfrotable, usually on the 2nd/3rd position, and lost all proper view through the acog.

i am hoping I do not have problems with this? Anyone else have a scope optic, pref. a true scope (leupold, Nightforce, US optics) and have problems with cheekweld and proper stock and scope alignment?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm currently using a LMT SOPOD with my S&B Short Dot and I'm not having any cheek weld problems. It just takes time to get used to any new optic and it's required cheek weld.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm currently using a LMT SOPOD with my S&B Short Dot and I'm not having any cheek weld problems. It just takes time to get used to any new optic and it's required cheek weld.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/2005_1210M40036.jpg

Is that the stock's position where you currenlty shoot your rifle?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the scope and how you use it. SOPMOD works well for me when shooting upright, because I keep my head up and the stock short. Prone, I like the Magpul, because I pull the stock out and lay my head on it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Depends on the scope and how you use it. SOPMOD works well for me when shooting upright, because I keep my head up and the stock short. Prone, I like the Magpul, because I pull the stock out and lay my head on it.

its an SN-3, so when mounting I guess I'll have to play with the cheekweld and final scope location to ensure i find the best match..
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
You're putting an SN-3 on an SPR? Awesome choice! Most people seem to gets Tascos
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/2005_1210M40036.jpg

Is that the stock's position where you currenlty shoot your rifle?

Yes

I shoot most the time with the stock fully extended or one click in at the most.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You're putting an SN-3 on an SPR? Awesome choice! Most people seem to gets Tascos

yeah, imagine how it feels knowing that you have an ABS pacnor barrel and an SN3 back at home in boxes duing nothing, and you are 7 states away.

really looking forward to getting it together, just gotta find what ammo it likes so I can dial in the dope and send the bdc to us optics...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top