Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:16:18 PM EDT
Can they be had for less than $200.Will they take KAC panels?or is there a better type?Are they better than the 2 piece YHM railed handguards for a carbine?Thanks..Roy
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
you can get them in the EE for about $150, they do take KAC panels and I personally beleive they are the best 2 piece rails out there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
i would look into M.I. for a two piece.

the surefire does not have a tall enough top rail and sits below the level of the flattop upper. the main reason i didnt like them and sold the one i got right afterwards,
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i would look into M.I. for a two piece.

the surefire does not have a tall enough top rail and sits below the level of the flattop upper. the main reason i didnt like them and sold the one i got right afterwards,

alot of people state the reason for not liking the M73 the same as you have but for me it is one of the reasons I do like it.  Because of the shorter rails the M73 is smaller in diameter which for me is more comfortable to hold especially when using plastic rail covers.  I am also not going to mount my optic on my rail so there is no need to have it level with the receiver rail.  Anything I would mount on the top rail wouldn't need to be level and if anything possibly make it better mounted lower
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The MI are specifically made to take the KAC panels. They are made so the locking tab on the KAC panels works properly. They are to the 1913 spec. They take the TD VFG with no problems.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top