Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:58:33 AM EDT
I noticed a Armalite 180 in the store and was thinking of adding it to the collection.  

Who here owns one and how do you like it????  What is the going price for them?  I can't find much info on them.
thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
the AR180 has a wild past, you are going to have to let us know if it is a 180 or 180B and when/where it was made -- some of the old 180s were very good rifles (other than the crappy way the stock locked closed), some of them are just another decent rifle. The AR18 is the extension of the AR15 type rifle to a gas piston design... look at it and the G36 next to each other someday.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I double checked and it is a 180B rifle.  Are they any good?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
AR-18...

ArmaLite's attempt at a budget 'export' rifle (stamped reciever, gas piston, etc), the only folks who really bought it were the Brits...

Sterling then goes & copies the ArmaLite design, Armalite disappears, and then the Brits come up with their bullpup service rifle, which is essentially a bastardized AR-18....

The 'New ArmaLite' then re-releases the thing as the AR-180.... It's a 'unique' take on the AR design...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top