Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 1:55:00 PM EDT
Which sight?  What are the pros and cons of each?  I've heard that EOTechs are fuzzy unless your're focused exactly on the target and even then sometimes they still are.  I played with a Trijicon II Reflex sight and the dot was nice and bright, but most people still opt for the EOTech.  Not to mention that the Trijicon don't require batteries.  It will be going on a LE6920.  Eventually I want a TA-01 NSN, and eventually the sight I get will go on a CX-4 Storm, so max range for the weapon this sight will be used with will be about 100yds.  Any problems with the Reflex II?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense dude, but we have been over this about a million times. Scroll down a little more on the AR15 board and go to the optics forum and start reading.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I was looking and couldn't find any info but I'll check again.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the EOTech cowitness with the front sight?  Thanks,

CMS
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Will the EOTech cowitness with the front sight?  Thanks,

CMS

Yes. It will line up on the front sight as it came, or with the front sight in the lower 1/3 if you use a spacer.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah I've never heard anything good about the Trijicon II Reflex. Not even in the same league as the EOtech.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Having used both, I suggest going with a 552. Why? The 552 uses AAs and has a longer battery life with lithium batterys than the 551 . Not to mention that AAs are much easier to find than N cell. The recital of the EoTech is not blurry. The recital is made up of very small individual dots that form the recital. This provides the reliability and performance characteristic that so many have found within the sight. If the lens is smudged by oil or the recital is set at too high of a brightness level for the lighting condition, then yes the recital my appear fuzzy. I believe that the majority of people that have found the recital to be fuzzy or blurry are use to shooting pistols and can not get use to focusing on a target rather than the front sight which is the proper way to aim with a pistol.

As far as the reflex 2, overall it's a good sight, but the field of vision and light filtration is much less than that of the EoTech.. The reflex has another issue and that is certain lighting conditions can cause the target to be obscured by the amber recital or the reflective lens. Or worse yet the amber recital will wash out completely by a back lit area around a target for example, a white wall. One other issue is that the solar panel can cause an undesirable light reflection which can give away the operator’s position. Not much of a concern for the average shooter, but for those in LE or Mil roles, it can mean life or death.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:55:48 AM EDT
[#8]
If you get a reflex, get the 12.9 MOA triangle reticle, not the dot.  Up close you can just use the triangle as a dot, at 100-200 you use the tip of the triangle.  The Eotech lighting is probably better in rare situations, but they dont make a triangle reticle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top