Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:02:29 PM EDT
I just got my LE6920 Fri. night and I took it out of the box and bag. I first noticed   a bad mark where someone beat to much the pin into the rearsight on the carryhandle and on the left side of the rec a lot of dremmel marks, anodizeing chip off of the brass deflecter annnnnd 2- nice size chips on other side of the carryhandle and the park is chipped off on the top of the front sight post on the right side. Do you think Colt will fix my new unfired upper ?Or replace it?I know it is a tool but, come on please it should look great out of the box like my LMT upper or better looking. If it get scracths, dent and scuffs while I shoot it then that is a world of diffenets. Don't you think a tool like this should come out of the plastic bag and box to look brand new and not to look like a cheap piece of Crap.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them Monday... Ill bet they will take care of you... Do you have the option of taking it back to where you bought it and exchanging?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I bought it  from Law Enforcement sales , Lamesa,TX and had it sent to my local FFL from me to pick up from him and paid $25.00 tranfer fee.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody know the name of the person at Colt and number that I need to talk to help me ?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Colt Monday.... They will treat you right... Try not to lose sleep over it.. Enjoy your Christmas..

If it makes you feel any better, I cracked the slide clean through on my 10mm Witness the other day.. Cant shoot it...  Got 300 rds for a gift today...... Dammit...................
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does anybody know the name of the person at Colt and number that I need to talk to help me ?

Someone will come along that does..I dont..
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I belive they are shutdown till Jan 3rd, but you can call Colt @ 1-800-962-2658 ask for Mark
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, I bought it  from Law Enforcement sales , Lamesa,TX and had it sent to my local FFL from me to pick up from him and paid $25.00 tranfer fee.

then these woudl be the folks i would deal with first.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:15:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Your Colt comes with a warranty card or supposed to.  Any information on the card?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#9]
NAM,   Colt is the people that I am going to contact not Law Enforcement Sales because they didn't make it, just sold it to me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:44:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Colt will refinish them for you under warrenty. they have done three for me and always for free.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I sent my Colt LE6920 to Colt yesterday ,it looked like it has been dropped and kicked around. It doesn't look as good as my 2-LMT's. I don't have a dig cam to show evetybody all the marks on it. UPS email this morning that my LE6920 made it to C.M.C. I talk with a lady at C.M.C. yesterday and she said it will be a couple of days before they get to it, they are still behind from the holidays. I will be glad to get it back so I can shoot it for the first time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well I sent my Colt LE6920 to Colt yesterday ,it looked like it has been dropped and kicked around. It doesn't look as good as my 2-LMT's. I don't have a dig cam to show evetybody all the marks on it. UPS email this morning that my LE6920 made it to C.M.C. I talk with a lady at C.M.C. yesterday and she said it will be a couple of days before they get to it, they are still behind from the holidays. I will be glad to get it back so I can shoot it for the first time.

Don't forget to update this thread afterwards to let us know how things turn out...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Don't forget to update this thread afterwards to let us know how things turn out...

I was just thinking the same thing, and since I offer this meaningless follow-up post, I will consider it my tag.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope Colt takes good care of you. Mine was rough too, but I decided to deal with it. Not saying you did the wrong thing, I just didn't have the patience or the time to wait for mine. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I was trying to dicide weather to get a refund and wait 1-2 months and get one my LEO discount price, I call C.M.C. and they told me to send it back and they would send a forum to fillout and they would rebust for my shipping cost, it wasn't cheap to send it UPS Overnight from NC to Con. for $ 66.44. Now I have to wait for them to kechup on there behind from the holidays.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought a LE6920 from Colt last year. They shipped to my PD. I opened the box to find that the lower receiver was gray in color, while the upper was black. I contacted Colt customer service and sent the lower in to be reanodized, per their instruction. After several weeks with no letter, phone call, or contact of any kind, I received the lower back from Colt. Inside the package was my lower receiver, the exact condition that I had sent  it in for repairs. They had not done anything to it. I called the contact person at Colt, who called me back, in a timely manner, stating that the inspector said the anodizing was milspec. I have decided to sell the 6920 as is. Maybe someone would like to part it out, and utilize a gray 6920 lower receiver for another project.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Personally I would just have it re-finished.
Colt LEO 6920's are far and few between. The supply is always up and down.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I bought a LE6920 from Colt last year. They shipped to my PD. I opened the box to find that the lower receiver was gray in color, while the upper was black. I contacted Colt customer service and sent the lower in to be reanodized, per their instruction. After several weeks with no letter, phone call, or contact of any kind, I received the lower back from Colt. Inside the package was my lower receiver, the exact condition that I had sent  it in for repairs. They had not done anything to it. I called the contact person at Colt, who called me back, in a timely manner, stating that the inspector said the anodizing was milspec. I have decided to sell the 6920 as is. Maybe someone would like to part it out, and utilize a gray 6920 lower receiver for another project.

Wow that would totally suck. I know what you mean, I had a gray sporter lower and a LE6920 black upper. Personally I didnt notice the finish differences much, but I would've hated to have bought a new LE6920 complete rifle and received a black upper and colt gray lower.

- rem
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top