Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:48:06 AM EDT
I finally got my SBR stamp and yesterday I installed my TROS 5" 3 lug barrel and here's the end result.

Now that is how that upper will always look, and I sure hope it works because that barrel is never coming off, I felt like I was pressing an AK barrel on. I had to heat the receiver and then tap the barrel on with a block of wood and a dead blow hammer. At about 3/4th on it was completely stopped and took an awful lot of pounding and heat to get it installed, but at that point there was no stopping, I would have never been able to get it out.

Has anybody else ever had that problem with a barrel?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I posted this in the wrong forum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish you would have told me that about 5 days ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I had TitleII Build my SBR JUST Like yours and the TROS 5" Shoots GREAT man!

You will love it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wish you would have told me that about 5 days ago.

Don't Sweat It.

Quoted:
I had TitleII Build my SBR JUST Like yours and the TROS 5" Shoots GREAT man!

You will love it.

It's quickly becoming my favorite, I can't get enough of it, it's an AR that I can shoot pistol steel courses with.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Now that is how that upper will always look, and I sure hope it works because that barrel is never coming off, I felt like I was pressing an AK barrel on. I had to heat the receiver and then tap the barrel on with a block of wood and a dead blow hammer. At about 3/4th on it was completely stopped and took an awful lot of pounding and heat to get it installed, but at that point there was no stopping, I would have never been able to get it out.

Has anybody else ever had that problem with a barrel?

What barrel?

Cool build.

Arbiter
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#6]
My setup is almost exactly like yours and I had no trouble at all with the bbl fit.  What brand upper did you use??  Wonder if something was out of spec??
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My setup is almost exactly like yours and I had no trouble at all with the bbl fit.  What brand upper did you use??  Wonder if something was out of spec??

Rock River.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I oredred the 9 inch from TROS via Ameetec... Can't wait to check that out...  Damn, class 3 takes  f o r e v e r..... went with the miad grip kit and the HK lugs for the TROS mp5 suppressor, which will be availible to me uhhh 2008 perhaps...my first class 3 so I hope the extra 400 bucks and the long wait are worth it... :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top