Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:47:52 AM EDT
Are single stage triggers generally known to be more long lasting and reliable than 2 stage triggers??  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are single stage triggers generally known to be more long lasting and reliable than 2 stage triggers??  

No
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, how about a RRA 2-stage and a Jard adjustable single stage?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Not speaking for anyone else, but an adjustable trigger (one or two sage) is not recommended for a SHTF gun.  I will be thoroughly by all those advocates of this brand and that make of after market or custom made triggers, but those additional screws/parts can make Murphy look like an optimist at the worst time.

Paper punching, hunting, just screwing around, go for which ever one you decide sounds best from the very knowledgeable folks on this forum.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
OK so how do I get a nice 4 to 4.5 pound, smooth, single stage trigger pull? I have heard that it's not good to stone a dingle stage trigger after it's been heat treated as it can weaken it. I heazr all about the extra parts in a single stage trigger, etc. If the problem is the extra parts on a 2 stage trigger, then where can I get a nice single stage uber reliable trigger for my duty gun? For the SPR type gun I'll be building this year, I will be using a Gieselle (sp) as frankly there are other potential reliability compromising features on that style of gun too, that cover the price of increased accuracy. If there is some uber single stage trigger that I am missing, because I'm new to the accesorizing group of AR15 owners I apologize.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes.

Paul Mauser and John Garand were wrong.  You heard it here first.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

In the context of the question (pertaining to the AR 15, not the Garand or a bolt action rifle is this is an AR15 forum), the general concensus is yes.  I am not saying it is correct, just that is is the widely held belief.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OK so how do I get a nice 4 to 4.5 pound, smooth, single stage trigger pull? .

Accuracy Speaks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
JP Rifles.  It is adjustable, but if you use the red loctite it ain't going anywhere.

-C4-
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK so how do I get a nice 4 to 4.5 pound, smooth, single stage trigger pull? .

Accuracy Speaks.

So one of these Accuracy Speaks triggers would be as simple and durable as a USGI standard setup. but with the clean trigger pull that I want? Would you go clear buildings with an Accuracy Speaks trigger installed in your M4? I'm not trying to be hostile, if that's how it sounds, I'm just so new to all of this stuff and I'm trying to see if I can approach the kind of trigger pull I have in my customized 700LTR rifle, at least cleanliness wise and still have the durability that some people state seems to be lacking in the 2 stage units. Thanks for the help, I'll be contacting Accuracy Speaks tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.

In the context of the question (pertaining to the AR 15, not the Garand or a bolt action rifle is this is an AR15 forum), the general concensus is yes.  I am not saying it is correct, just that is is the widely held belief.

A properly heat treated and machined two stage trigger will work as reliably as a single stage of equal quality.

My two stage RRA has gone 4,143 rounds without a single failure.  I wouldn't think twice of having one in a rifle more suited to "social" purposes.

And the point I made about older military rifles is that two stage triggers all work on the same principles.  In fact, the M1's trigger is more complex than any AR two stage, and anyone who questions its reliablity under life and death situations needs his head examined.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#14]
"15 Minute AR trigger job" with a stock set. I've done them on 4 and they all work wonderfully, if a bit "creepy". Nice light, no fail to fire (although I usually have to cut the "tail" off the hammer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OK so how do I get a nice 4 to 4.5 pound, smooth, single stage trigger pull? I have heard that it's not good to stone a dingle stage trigger after it's been heat treated as it can weaken it. I heazr all about the extra parts in a single stage trigger, etc. If the problem is the extra parts on a 2 stage trigger, then where can I get a nice single stage uber reliable trigger for my duty gun? For the SPR type gun I'll be building this year, I will be using a Gieselle (sp) as frankly there are other potential reliability compromising features on that style of gun too, that cover the price of increased accuracy. If there is some uber single stage trigger that I am missing, because I'm new to the accesorizing group of AR15 owners I apologize.

2 word answer......., "Accuracy Speaks"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 word answer......., "Accuracy Speaks"

I really want to try one of those... I think I am going to get one for my next build.

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"15 Minute AR trigger job" with a stock set. I've done them on 4 and they all work wonderfully, if a bit "creepy". Nice light, no fail to fire (although I usually have to cut the "tail" off the hammer.

BALLS+++++++
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top