User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:45:25 AM EDT
Are there any advantages to this setup?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Advantages over A3 you mean?  Probably not.  Usually any optic on the carry handle will be a bit too high for you to maintain proper cheek weld.  You can get risers for the buttstock to maybe solve that...I've never used them.  The A3 mounts will be just as solid anything mounted on an A2.

However I have read that compact acogs actually work very well on carry handle mounts, if you are willing to shell out the cash for one...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#2]
i like compact acogs in the carry handle and they work fine that way but i much rather have the full size acog on a flattop.

advantage?

maybe that with certain optics/mounts for the carryhandle you can easily transition to irons without removing the optic but that is if the mount/optic has a channel for it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Only if you wear a gas mask often.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that too
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many wear a gas mask often?

If I KNOW I'm going to use optics, I'm going to deploy it on something designed for it--a flat top. Optics on a carry handle doesn't give you good cheek weld unless you put that contraption on your stock to raise your cheek. If you're going to go through that trouble, might as well go the flat top way. If you HAVE to have a carry handle get a removable one that mounts on a flat top. You can have your cake and eat it too for a bit of weight.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Yes, there is a huge advantage if you are using a low power scope (1x-2x). There is no front sight and base to block your view!

If you have a flattop a fold down front sight is almost mandatory.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

How many wear a gas mask often?

Its not so bad....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top