Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:35:04 PM EDT
i talked to couple local arfcommers last weekend about pink furniture for ar's...  i might be nuts, but i'd like to snag a set for my wife.  she shot my carbine last night and claimed she dug it...  apparently there is a GOD after all...  

i'd like to see some pics and if any of you have experience with these or know where to get them let me know.  i tried ameetec and they were out...

any help would be appreciated...  besides, a happy wife is a good wife...

s. tank

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Is "Pink Furnature" becomming a weekly thread or what?

Hit up Cavarly Arms in the Industry section they can tell you which of their dealers might still have pink furnature.  If it's all gone you'll have to make your own using one of the various resin coatings available from Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i tried ameetec and they were out...

I thought they were the only dealer who carried that color.

Krylon hot pink, and Krylon clear satin to top coat it after the base coats are dry.  Use light coats and you will be fine.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i tried ameetec and they were out...

I thought they were the only dealer who carried that color.

Krylon hot pink, and Krylon clear satin to top coat it after the base coats are dry.  Use light coats and you will be fine.  

never having used much spray paint (successfully) how many coats should a guy expect to have with each kind of paint and/or satin?  

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

s. tank
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Spray 3 light coats.  Your first coat will look like dog food, but thats fine.  The second coat will look fairly decent, but not great, and that is fine as well.  The third coat is what will give it depth and solid color.  

Most people get greedy and try to do it all in one coat, which is what causes runs, drips, sagging, and an overall poor quality.

For topcoating, I would expect 2 coats, maybe three if you have the time.  

Krylon dries very quickly, and you can preheat the item with a hiardryer, which will make the paint dry as soon as it hits the surface.  Reheat, and do it a few more times, and you will have a professional looking job.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
stickman,

you're neat and i'll you cool from now on!  thanks!

s. tank

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
stickman,

you're neat and i'll you cool from now on!  thanks!

s. tank

Glad to be of help, and make sure you get pictures.

Merry Christmas!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]
hey septic, you are full of shit and i like it, i cannot wait to see you out with "pinky"

Brett
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Ameetec is still carrying the colored furniture for AR's (by Cav Arms).

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
hey septic, you are full of shit and i like it, i cannot wait to see you out with "pinky"

Brett

well...  i wouldn't be right if i didn't at least try it a little bit...  maybe the pink furniture will give it different handling characteristics...

i'll see you at the ar build party, right bb?

-s. tank

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:08:31 AM EDT
[#10]
If you're gonna go girly, why not go all out?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ameetec is still carrying the colored furniture for AR's (by Cav Arms).

BZZZT . No pink grips any more . Trust me I looked . She loves her Cav 15 so much she wants a pink car now .
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#12]
nam,

that thing is cool!  i like the extra pink touches on the parts as well!  nice...

s. tank

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
nam,

that thing is cool!  i like the extra pink touches on the parts as well!  nice...

s. tank

It's not mine, but it is real. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=256735
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Ya know for all the questions we get about pink furnature, and the impossible-to-find glow-in-the-dark furnature & lowers you'd think Cav-Arms would do another run of 50-100 of each.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:53:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

tinypic.com/j16pug.jpg

Nice if you are trying to fool the authorities into thinking its a toy gun, but other than that, that is a little to feminine for me.

To each their own.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/j16pug.jpg

Nice if you are trying to fool the authorities into thinking its a toy gun, but other than that, that is a little to feminine for me.

To each their own.

Are you a cute girl?  Thats who is it designed for, so if you aren't, it isn't supposed to appeal to you.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top