Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 11:30:34 PM EDT
Do you have an online gallery floating around the net anywhere? I'm searching for a new background and it would be neat if you had a centralized place that I could freely steal admire your work!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah... would be great, but in the pic thread I asked him about it, said he had some ideas floating around but nothing come into play yet.

If he needed it, I have a huge webspace I could let him do it on, wouldn't charge him a thing either, could have his own domain.... as long as I get to look at it, maybe have him teach me a thing or two about pic taking... he does live in my state... (hint)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
s1rGr1nG0,

No, but in the past few years here I've probably posted a few hundred pictures or so.  I keep kicking around the idea of putting them up, but I found that some people had a LOT of my pics up on their website, and that left me less than happy.  

I don't think I've ever told anyone no, but to use my pictures without permission is pretty weak.  If I slapped a couple hundred pictures up, I figure they would end up the same way, and I would rather not see other people taking credit for my work.

What sort of background are you looking for?  Here is an AK just to give you something different that hasn't been posted yet....

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is an AR pic, just to keep it in the AR section.....

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey what are you doing posting one of my pictures???????
J/K
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Stick, I credit you with getting me hooked on BRD.  When I first stumbled across this site, the first posts I read had your PICs in them and I was hooked.  You take some hella good PICs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey what are you doing posting one of my pictures???????

Shhhhhhhh, you said you wouldn't tell anyone!

Buzz70-  I'm glad you like them, thankyou.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
You could watermark your photos.
While it is still possible to remove them from your pics, its a lot harder for some random person to just slap in on a website and claim it as theirs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Stickman you really are an artist with a camera.

That AK picture is fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I know you have done it before, but care to share any tips for getting those pics so nice? Mine are always slightly blurred and wrong on color.

Nick
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know you have done it before, but care to share any tips for getting those pics so nice? Mine are always slightly blurred and wrong on color.

Nick

A few quick things.....

1.  Use natural lighting whenever possible, but avoid direct sunlight.

2.  Keep your focal point/ weapon out of the center of the picture.  Offcenter is better.

3.  Brace your camera when taking pictures, just like you would brace your firearm for distance shooting.  Tripods are nice, but you can do it other ways.

4.  Get close enough to fill the screen.  Pictures taken from far away are painful to view when you see more carpet than you do weapon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
s1rGr1nG0,

No, but in the past few years here I've probably posted a few hundred pictures or so.  I keep kicking around the idea of putting them up, but I found that some people had a LOT of my pics up on their website, and that left me less than happy.  

I don't think I've ever told anyone no, but to use my pictures without permission is pretty weak.  If I slapped a couple hundred pictures up, I figure they would end up the same way, and I would rather not see other people taking credit for my work.

What sort of background are you looking for?  Here is an AK just to give you something different that hasn't been posted yet....

img361.imageshack.us/img361/6904/pc1001908008mr.jpg

I love that AK...  I think this needs to be cross posted over in the AK section...

Spooky

PS...  Becare warned, Stick can convince you to use Norrell's Moly Resin and then it is all over!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Photography has always been a 2nd hobby of mine. I started out 23 years ago with a Pentax K1000 which I still have today. I just recently broke into digital photography with the purchase of my Kodak Z740. Here is one of my latest photos.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I love that AK...  I think this needs to be cross posted over in the AK section...

Spooky

I posted my tanker series down there, but I was going to hold off on posting this one and hide it for awhile....

Speaking of AK stuff, I'm still looking for equipment ID (I'll post my tan AK series once I get an answer) ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=79984&page=2
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Speaking of AK stuff, I'm still looking for equipment ID (I'll post my tan AK series once I get an answer) ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=79984&page=2

A few questions if you don't mind.

1) Is the lighting in the AK (rifle & mag pouch) pics natural?  If so did you take them near a window or outside?

2) What do you use for that white background?

3) How the hell do you make a nasty old AK magazine pouch look so good?  Did you sell your soul or something?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#15]
One more, obviously not AR related.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

A few questions if you don't mind.

1) Is the lighting in the AK (rifle & mag pouch) pics natural?  If so did you take them near a window or outside?  The majority of the pictures I take are using natural lighting, sadly, I took these at night so it was out of the question.  I set up a few different lights around the items, and bounced my primary light off the ceiling to even things out.

2) What do you use for that white background? Anything white, it really doesn't matter, I use all sorts of things.

3) How the hell do you make a nasty old AK magazine pouch look so good?  Did you sell your soul or something?  Lots of harsh language.

I also don't mind under or overexposing my shots to get a little cleaner look.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]
a watermark going across the pic will probably stop people from posting yours. or itd at least give credit where credit is due. I like the way Getty Images uses their mark.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys are right about the watermark, but the pictures that I post are ones that I want people to enjoy.

I also have a little voice in the back of my head telling me that if I throw a watermark on my pictures, its the final step to falling in love with myself and getting a big ego.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
s1rGr1nG0,

Stick, maybe you should put your name in a watermark or something.  At least you would get a little credit when someone steals your photos.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You guys are right about the watermark, but the pictures that I post are ones that I want people to enjoy.

I also have a little voice in the back of my head telling me that if I throw a watermark on my pictures, its the final step to falling in love with myself and getting a big ego.

too late
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I can host all your pics if you'd like.. but I would highly suggest marking them in someway that is noticeable... but not really detracting in the artistic value of the picture.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
s1rGr1nG0,

Yeah, I understand Stick. It's kinda crappy that people would do that with someone elses work. I wasn't looking for anything specific. I was bored and cruising the boards here and saw some of your other pics. (which kick MAJOR ass I might add!) No sweat man. There are plenty of choices here. I change backgrounds more than I change underwear!
Keep up the great work Stickman!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top