Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 5:16:56 PM EDT
Just test fired by busy 223, two roundsin the mag, winchester varmin rounds 3600fps 45gr JHP.

Pulled the trigger-- and two virtually simultaneous rounds punished the oppossum.  

Any sugestions?

Fishcop
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
what kind of lower parts kit you using in your weapon?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
slamfire?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had a .223 busrt before.  Once I had a Pepsi Burst in the freezer!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
"Search" is your friend Sir. With no reply, I'll assume you are having a problem irt this...

My AR Is Firing Burst...

...and some quotes from said thread. If that seem like your problem, read on Sir.

Quoted:
I got the Yellow Tavern Spring Kit from Brawnells...
Spring Kit

I went to shoot the gun today to try the new goodies out; I was shooting bursts of full auto. It never dumped the mag...I would shoot a couple rounds and it would go full auto until I let the trigger go. Could I have a bad, or weak disconnector spring?

When I assembled the lower I put a thin coat of molydisulfide grease on the surfaces of the sear, disconnector and hammer. Could that be the problem?

-Derek

Quoted:
Replace the hammer, trigger disconnect with different parts.

Quoted:
Definitely a disconnect problem... Could very well be the spring...

Disassemble the FCG and clean, lube then reinstall... After you get it put back together, check to see if the disconnect has good spring tension to it...

ETA: Make sure the disconnect spring isn't installed upside down...

Quoted:
When you fire pull the trigger HARD and keep it to the rear with a firm hold and see if it happens.  If not, you are bumping... if so its the disconnector.

Also after it cycles and didnot go off release the trigger VERY slow and soft.  If it fires on release its the disconnector, if not its bumpfiring.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top