Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:24:26 PM EDT
Yes, I was excited too when I read this on the cover of "Guns & Weapons" - so I bought the magazine, which I suppose was the point.

But no, it isn't a new offering from either company, just an article discussing the preferred modifications to a standard Bushy M4 type by the author.

You know, kind of like what all of us SEBR purchasers have been doing for the past few months while awaiting delivery of our SEBRs - accumulating the bits we think will work best on our new carbines.

Maybe it worked out well for the author -he probably got to keep all the bits that the various companies sent him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yes, I was excited too when I read this on the cover of "Guns & Weapons" - so I bought the magazine, which I suppose was the point.

But no, it isn't a new offering from either company, just an article discussing the preferred modifications to a standard Bushy M4 type by the author.

You know, kind of like what all of us SEBR purchasers have been doing for the past few months while awaiting delivery of our SEBRs - accumulating the bits we think will work best on our new carbines.

Maybe it worked out well for the author -he probably got to keep all the bits that the various companies sent him.

this article also includes the quote "bushmaster is the only firearms company to receive a military contract besides COLT"

I've all but given up on gun rags these days.

S.W.A.T. magazine is one of the few that remains objective despite the necessity to sell ad space.
For example, one of their writers lambasted Gabriel Suarez's uber tactical HSLD training camp for not living up to it's claims as well as for general asshattery.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

S.W.A.T. magazine is one of the few that remains objective despite the necessity to sell ad space.
For example, one of their writers lambasted Gabriel Suarez's uber tactical HSLD training camp for not living up to it's claims as well as for general asshattery.

+ 1, couldnt agree more, SWAT mag is top notch, pro 2nd Ammendment and most important,,, Common Sense when it comes to firearms.

John

"Never pet a burning dog"
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I saw that article. It was brutal, basically tore Suarez a new asshole.

+1 to S.W.A.T in general, but I do wish they'd get a little more in depth with their reviews. I hate it when they review something and then don't even bother to tell you some of the important specs on it, i.e. weight, cost, etc. Not always, but alot of the time these things are completely missing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up "Guns and Weapons" at the grocery store and looked through while my wife was shopping. I have a Vltor CASV and a TD VFG just like the article and guess what... the TD VFG wobbles on the CASV! They didn't mention that in the article.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Print magazines are obsolete.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Its just a Bushmaster someone added the extras!
Bushmaster doesnt seell them like that!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Its just a Bushmaster someone added the extras!
Bushmaster doesnt seell them like that!

Err, isn't that what I said?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]
reply deleted
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top