Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:07:11 PM EDT
I have a 20" Colt HBAR. My 4 year old wants to put something under the tree for me to open and I thought of a bipod.
If weight isn't a consideration is one bipod better than another, or are they all about the same?
CTD has Harris bipods in their store. Are they as good as any other?
Any other ideas for a stocking stuffer? I don't want them to spend a lot so a scope is out as is a free float front handguard.
If nothing else I guess mags and ammo make nice gifts.
Jim
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Harris bipod. I have the swivel model with the pod loc device on it. It is great!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, are there any bipods to avoid?
Jim
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
just make sure it doesn't open unexpectedly.

oh, and if you want to save yourself from a headache, get the Harris LM model that has "steps" on it... otherwise you have to use the little screw knobs everytime you want to adjust the height of your rifle.  

it's damn near impossible to adjust them to the same height while they're down.  

ETA: they should run you your 4-year-old about $70.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
i use the brms w/ notched legs.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my christmas presant from the little lady a month early this yr..... she found out iwas going gun shopping and told me to pick out my christmas and go ahead and get it because she didnt know one gun from another soooooooooooooo   I went and I SHE bought!    Bushmaster A3 20" Love it   a real shooter since then ive added scope riser scope and what you were talking about a Harris A2 bipod love it   the dealer had one that had been returned due to some guy needing the money like new condition  I got it for $30  one just like it on the new rack was $80  I think i did ok this christmas HO HO HO  marry christmas to me and to all of you!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got my Christmas present for me and my ARs last Tuesday.

It's a GG&G heavy duty non swivel model bipod which I bought from ADCO.

I don't use bipods much but I like the GG&G because it's light, strong and simple to use.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top