Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:59:20 AM EDT
I recently experienced a failure of the DD EZMount single point sling mount for the M4/AR15.  First, let me say that I contacted Daniel Defense and they were very professional and agreed to replace my mount.  I just wanted to put the info out there in case any one else has one of these mounts.  

My agency supplies us with M4's but does not allow any modifications to the weapons other than removal of the carry handle.  I like the single point setup and found a DD mount that clamps over the buffer tube.  The one I ordered was very robust and secured to the tube with two allen head screws.  The sling mounts to an Uncle Mike's quick release sling swivel through a pin attached to the back of the mount.  This is the piece that actually failed.  The sling swivel bent and allowed the pin to detach from the mount, dropping my M4 down a flight of steps.  At the time I was pretty pissed but I wanted to give DD a chance to own up.  Turns out I have an older model that has been replaced and is not like the one currently being offered on their web sight.  The new one does not use an Uncle Mike's sling swivel and appears to be more firmly attached.  There was no warning that the swivel was about to give, other than the rather obvious splatter of my rifle.

If anyone else has one of these older models please be aware that it can bend and allow the sling to detach from the rifle.  Lucky for me I was walking down the stairs and not involved in anything.  

This is certaintly not a slam on DD as they quickly offered me a new one.  I'll let y'all know how this one holds up.  Cheers, Grant  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The sling swivel bent and allowed the pin to detach from the mount, dropping my M4 down a flight of steps.  

EGADS!!!!!   The horror.  

Seriously, good post. I was just looking at a tube-mounted 1-point attachment and DD is a candidate

Looks like the new one is the ticket.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, it landed muzzle first, flipped down, landed on the ACOG and then hit the wall and landed sideways.  Not a scratch, and the ACOG didn't lose its point of aim.  That isn't the worse I've seen done to one of these, it wouldn't have been so bad if my buddies weren't there to witness.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the new model, but I've done no no in front of my buddies that were much worse.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The new one is working out quite well for me so far....

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
You can always go to the TD PR4 mount.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top