Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2005 8:11:13 PM EDT
alright - 2 days of pondering.  I feel like an 18 yr old school girl who cant pick a prom date.

you guys will make the call - i will try to keep this brief

I own 1 Colt 6721, ARMS FFrail, aimpont, Magpul stock, hogue grip, RR 2 stage - not going anywhere - shoot all the time. (I have only sold 1 gun ever - Glock 21 - why? I dont know.  Regreted it ever since)

I own 1 colt lightweight sporter. matching upper and lower A2.  Really nice, old Colt grey I bought in 94 and have never shot.  However - around '98 I bought a Colt M4 upper brand new in a colt bag, 1/9 twist, wick in barrel etc 1/9 twist - couldn't pass it up.  I swapped the barrel on thelightweight sporter and put the colt stock from the 6721 on it too.  I love the thing.  So you ask why in the hell would I sell it if I like it so much?

A guy has offered me 1K for it - he wants it tomorrow.
The m4 barrel (1/9) I put on it works great BUT no M4 feed ramps on the A2 upper -
The "f" marked FSB - is not the proper FSB for the A2 upper (I have learned a tremendous amount from you folks)

My question:
Do I dump the really great looking colt grey "lightweight sporter" upper and lower that has been bastardized (nicely I think) into an "M4" and take $200 + dollars and order a 6920 to replace it?  Or keep the rifle and deal with the FSB and feed ramp issue even though they are not correct.

Some of you will say get someghing else Bushy, RRA etc.  i realize those options but I have other ARs for shooting, truck gun etc that I am not ever going to part with.  This is about my 2 Colts which I really like havng.  I like Colt - dont hate a guy for that.....too much.

Y'all decide
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
(I have only sold 1 gun ever - Glock 21 - why? I dont know.  Regreted it ever since)

There's your answer.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
dont feel bad I sold my 21 as well. I sleep well at nite, did not like that gun at all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
OK - I guess that makes it
1 - sell
1 - dont sell

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't sell unless your upgrading to something better!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My question:
Do I dump the really great looking colt grey "lightweight sporter" upper and lower that has been bastardized (nicely I think) into an "M4" and take $200 + dollars and order a 6920 to replace it?  Or keep the rifle and deal with the FSB and feed ramp issue even though they are not correct.

I say definitely dump it and get a 6920 or 6921 even.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

are you guys saying the 6920 wouldn't be an upgrade to something better?

I have read some posts over the months since the sunset re: fit and finish issues with the 6920.  That's the thing that concerns me the most.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Dont sell. I have sold alot of my guns since my son was born to help pay bills. I always say I will get it back but never do. If you have to sell to help your family cool but if you are selling to try to get money for something else just save up. My problem is this sight I see something new on it and I want it. I am weak when it comes to the ar15 rifle but I have learned to save my change. Just my .02 cents JHC
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
(I have only sold 1 gun ever - Glock 21 - why? I dont know.  Regreted it ever since)

There's your answer.  

+ Eleventy Billion!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have read some posts over the months since the sunset re: fit and finish issues with the 6920.  That's the thing that concerns me the most.  

If you sell make sure you upgrade to a 6920 or something of equal quality.  I think what we are trying to say is DON'T sell and blow your money on non-ar15 shit!  Only sell if you see an AR you want even more!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Well, any reason to not just add the parts to your current rifle that you enjoy? If you find you like that configuration, sell or trade off your spares!

That, and you have a 6721...

Stick with it.

I don't know, I'm not a big AR person, just getting into it. But I already find mine is part of my character, I configured it how I liked it and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Sell it and buy a 6920.  You will have M4 ramps, M16 B/C, T marked upper.  You will love it. Just make sure you spend the money on the 6920.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sell it and buy a 6920.  You will have M4 ramps, M16 B/C, T marked upper.  You will love it. Just make sure you spend the money on the 6920.

my thoughts exactly. you only regret selling a gun if you dont replace it with a better gun!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:33:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Upgrade!

I'd be saying that with or without selling the other Colt.

The LE6920 epitomizes the death of the AWB and is the pinnacle of the modern civilian AR15.

Do it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Why does he have to have it tomorrow?

Something smells fishy.

I woudln't sell it. And if you do sell it, i'd make sure he's got a good reason as to why he HAS to have it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I cant sell any of my guns even if I wanted to.  They belong to my kids.  Did that right after they were born, granted them ownership of my "collection".  Wanted to make sure they got them someday.  

So Id have to sell the kids along with a gun.  Wife kinda likes having them around ya know.

Dont sell it.  If you dont need the money, why bother?  

Heres whats gonna happen, he'll take the gun and make it his own.  He will take it into the dungeon and perform all kinds of evil experiments on it.  It'll be horrible.

Then he'll show up at the range with "your" gun.  You wont recognize it.  You'll scream, you'll cry, you'll see tool marks and dings on the finish. And you'll beg him to sell it back to you at twice the price.  

He'll laugh at you, yes he will, the guys at the range will laugh, and then he'll beat you by 6 points with "your" gun.  A few years later, he'll sell it and the new owner will turn it into a flowerpot!

Ok maybe not.  But why take a chance.  
If he really wants an AR, have him give you the money and you build him one.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#17]
i have sold guns in the past and regreted it every single time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#18]
hahaha Orion67 - you almost swung me back the other way.

I am going to sell the misconfigured heirloom and take the advice to sell and upgrade to the 6920.

I am basically giving up the Colt Gray.  Period.  And the 1/9 Colt M4 Barrel but that's ok.

I dont like the "F" marked FSB on the A2 and the lack of M4 feed ramps.

6920 it is - I wont blow the money on anything else - I dont need the money (in no way trying to sound boastful).

I kept the rifle for 15 years and wouldn't be selling it if the 6920 wasn't an option.

The buyer is on his way and a good friend - he loves the gun and has been after me for years to buy it.  No problems with his "urgency" from a public safety standpoint.  

Thanks for all the input folks.  6920 inbound shortly......hope the finish is decent

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#19]
are you parting with the lightweight upper?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Just parted with the whole rifle.

Now I need to find a 6920 as I think i am getting an ulcer just sitting here thinking about this.  

If anybody knows a reputable dealer (I have heard recently of parts being swapped on the un-knowing) please PM me - or if you are a Colt dealer with a 6920.  

Guys - thanks again for all the words of wisdom.  I believe I made the right move from a practical standpoint.  Now I just have to find me a new guuun!

Merry Christmas!
SC
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Any pictures before it goes???
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Sellers remorse
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just parted with the whole rifle.

Now I need to find a 6920 as I think i am getting an ulcer just sitting here thinking about this.  

If anybody knows a reputable dealer (I have heard recently of parts being swapped on the un-knowing) please PM me - or if you are a Colt dealer with a 6920.  

Guys - thanks again for all the words of wisdom.  I believe I made the right move from a practical standpoint.  Now I just have to find me a new guuun!

Merry Christmas!
SC

Hurry up and call Spiwak/JB arms and get one of the last 7 6933's they have. Since you already have other AR's the wait shouldn't bother you too bad. Then you'll have something very few AR and Colt Koolaid drinkers have.

Buy it before I cave in to the temptation and cause a "disturbance in the force" in my household.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sellers remorse

I'm not shitting you either.  

it was horrible.....That thing was beautiful - that Colt Grey, unfired, oiled up M4 Colt Barrel with the wick in it, Clean A2 upper without a ding on the brass deflector and matching original lower............WTF....i wish i needed three Colts, all M4s and and the other ARs I have.  Kept that thing through the entire ban and then some......I bought it the day after the ban passed in the congress in '94.....

BUT - it was the right thing to do.....these things are meant to be shot.....And thats really why I let her go I think.

6920 with an ACOG and maybe a 2 stage trigger

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Clyde armory has them in stock for $1179.00. Great people. Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#27]
thought this may have been some crazy rumor that Colt had sold to another company...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:22:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Upgrade!

I'd be saying that with or without selling the other Colt.

The LE6920 epitomizes the death of the AWB and is the pinnacle of the modern civilian AR15.

Do it.

+1!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
thought this may have been some crazy rumor that Colt had sold to another company...

Hard to believe no one touched this
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm saving my money for a knee replacement.  I need to have my knee fixed so I can kick myself in the ass for those guns I sold or traded off!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Listen to those who are telling you not to sell.  Life is full of regrets and selling off your loved ones doesn't have to be one of them...save up...sleep on the decision to get something else and when you do, just put the Colt in the safe.  It will never go bad...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top