Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2005 1:55:15 PM EDT
I've been looking at lots of pics on this forum and it's roughly a 50-50 split between an Aimpoint and an Eotech.  I currently use an Aimpoint on my AR but also have the Holosight on another gun.  I'd need a riser to get the Holo to co-witness with my irons.   Love the Holosight as it makes aiming so instinctual.

What's your preference and why?  Should I get a riser ... Yankee Hill or other suggestions would be nice.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the YHM riser because I am cheap and believe it or not it works great.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, I'm normally not one for calling out even the most egregious dupes, but it seems like there's at least one thread a day on this.  Why have we not picked the best "eotech v. aimpoint" thread and tacked it in the optics forum?

Here's the last one, posted yesterday afternoon:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=261334

ETA:  Oh, and Eotech!  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
do a search for aimpoint or eotech and you will find 30 similar posts asking the same thing.

eotech
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW, eotechs do not need a riser to cowitness. They only need one if you want it to cowitness in the bottom 1/3rd.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Even Though Ann Arbor is a Whore, Go with the Michigan made EOTech!  
The Aimpoint is real "nice."
I've owned both and will never go back....
 Yea I'm an asshole buckeye, I know.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]

I love the EOThingy - and I don't need a riser to get it to co-witness.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
EOTech mounted directly to the flattop.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have always liked the EOtech better.  Its an individual choice, I don't think one is "better" than the other.

Hot a clear choice - true

But hey are not that similar to use.

EOtech may be easier to acquire on a quick shot, and the Aimpoint a more durable and versatile choice

kevatc......... see if you can use one or the other before deciding. You may be surprised at how they work "in action," and it could certainly help decide between the two.

Both are in use with our armed forces, with the Aimpoint probably having the military-use advantage
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
EOTech mounted directly to the flattop.

WIZZO

Me too!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll get my +1 for EOtech directly on the flat-top  in quick before the mods lock this bad-boy up for massive dupeness.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, there are a million post with NO definitive answers!  
I'm curious myself, which is better and why!  I would like to see why the military uses them more.  Which do you guys like more.  Which is better for FA?  Which is better for single shots?  Which is better for both?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You know, I'm normally not one for calling out even the most egregious dupes, but it seems like there's at least one thread a day on this.  Why have we not picked the best "eotech v. aimpoint" thread and tacked it in the optics forum?  

Tack it up in every forum, and make reading it part of the new user process.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I much prefer the Eotech

and while the Eotech has much lees battery like, its alot easier to scorge up some AA's if needed, rather then 1/3N IIRC.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top