Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:21:25 PM EDT
I was wondering how hard the install is or Surefire M73 rail system?  Do I need a gunsmith, special tools, do I need to remove the barrel?   Thanks in advance for the help.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was wondering how hard the install is or Surefire M73 rail system?  Do I need a gunsmith, special tools, do I need to remove the barrel?   Thanks in advance for the help.

You can do it yourself, no need for a gunsmith.

You also do NOT need any special tools and you do NOT have to remove the barrel.

The install is cake, just remove your stock hanguards and install the M73 handguards. If I remember correctly, all you need is an allen wrench, and some blue Loctite.

I bought mine used on EE and it still came with a wrench, not sure if Surefire gives you one if you buy the M73 new.

You will be very pelased with the M73 handguards, they are built very well and are rock solid.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Trust us, it's a no brainer to install!

Just make sure you place a few drops of Locktite on the retaining screws before going to the range.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I was gonna get a YHM two piece, but I keep hearing good things about the M73
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hijack, but does anybody have a pic of an A2 upper with a two piece rail system with attached aimpoint?  I'm trying to decide if that's a route I want to go or not with an upper I'm building for a friend.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top