Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 9:57:04 PM EDT
Hi, I'm looking into getting an AR-15 and don't really know too much about them or the various makes. I know Bushmaster Colt and Armalite would be top of the line but I don't necessarily have all that much money to spend. I'm just looking for a good post-ban (threaded barrel, flash hider, folding stock) accurate, affordable gun. Basically best bang for the buck I guess. I'm considering some of the Olympic ones on atlanticfirearms, they seem decently priced. I'd also like to eventually put a scope on it. Thanks a lot for the help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If I were you, I'd seriously consider something from Rock River Arms. They are a little cheaper than a Bushmaster, but by all the accounts I've read, just as reliable. If you're going to eventually slap a scope on it, you'll be wanting a flattop upper receiver, too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I would advise to get the best you can afford. Put alot of thought into what you want it for and the features you would like. I would get a type that has a removable carry handle for mounting optics. Also shop around at local gun stores and the like. After searching about a hundred websites I bought my brand new bushmaster at a gunstore about five miles from my house and got him down to 650 bucks. It seemed like a fair deal to me.Do as much research as you can and don't spend alot of money on other stuff like optics at first. Believe me you will need that money for mags and ammo! I would recomend sticking to the makers that have a good record and while the colts and armalites are pretty salty from a money standpoint for what you get I think the Bushies are a good buy. RRA weapons also have a great rep and aren't as expensive as Colt or Armalite etc.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top