Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:13:03 AM EDT

Here is a picture of my "new" rifle.  It was willed to me and I finally took possession of it.  It is a Colt Match Target HBAR, serial number CMH 00XXXX.  It is in excellent shape and I can not wait to put some rounds through it.  Can anyone give me some idea as to when it was built and if it is a pre or post ban rifle.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:31:25 AM EDT
[#1]
By looking at the picture it looks like a post ban. All CMH are post ban.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
No big deal, since it didn't cost me a cent!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
You could have the barrel threaded if you wanted to make it into an A2 clone, but I know the history behind that weapon, so I can understand if you don't want to.  You could also have the barrel lightened up if you find that the HBAR profile is getting to be a little bit much when compared to your military version.

There is a site that lists the serial numbers and dates, but I can't remember the link right now.  Someone will come along and post it before lone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Shoot, it isn't as heavy as my M-1 Garand, but it seems slightly heavier then my wife's Bushy HBAR.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the exact same rifle...

Colt Match Target HBAR 20" Post-Ban.

Excellent rifle, I wouldn't change a thing with mine... Willed to you? Sorry for the loss, but enjoy the gain!

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
How much does the 'average' Colt Match Target HBAR weigh? Anyone have a shipping scale?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top