Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2005 3:01:15 PM EDT
I bought a Colt 20" pencile barrel (markings on barrel C  MP  C  )from a member here and i found out it was not chrome lined all the way to the muzzel. The chrome lining is gone or was not there at all the first 2 1/2 " to 3" from the muzzel down but after that it looks perfectly clear to and including the chamber. The 3" that is not chrome lined is rusty and has some small pitting.
I was wanting to know if anyone has heard of this before? and is it ok to shoot for a beater barrel or an .22lr barrel? or is it  junk? I got it real cheap. so i guess you get what you pay for.
Thanks for any infromation you can give.
E3
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok thanks for the info. guy's I know very little about Colt markings. Iam not all that worried about the rust pitting because i have some Enfeilds that are ten times worst and they are all fine shooters and i have one that is a tack driver and the bore looks so bad that you couldn't belive anyone would shot it that way.
E3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top